8

I didn't wake up immediately, when Tatiana abruptly awoke. Yet she went to lay silently, when I opened my eyes she closed hers. She lay still pretending to be asleep wanting to be next to me for a little bit more, in my whole life, I never have felt so sorry for her, but I'm not for her.

"I'm sorry."
I'm not sure if she heard but when I left the room, I could hear her silent sobs.

It was hard for us pretending like this marriage was easy, yet we always got through it. I never stopped to think what if she, she gave up on me.

Would I be happy?
But what about Carta?

And with that mind was made.

***

I sat at the long polished wood table patiently waiting for Tatiana to come so we all could start our breakfast. Everyone was quiet but Taro decided tapping his foot constantly would speed up time.

It doesn't.

"What is this?!" Tatiana dropped the fork with a clank, the servant came instantly ah it was Sioven, she should really stay out of the queens way, she already hated her.

"WHY IS THIS CONTAINING ONIONS?!"
Tatiana hated onions with a passion it was unhealthy and whenever she saw it, she would stomp her foot and demanded it to be took away.

"I-it is eggs-m-majesty." That is not a smart move.

"Eggs? I'm sorry did it not say when you were employed not to cook with lumps of onions it's not only distasteful, I loathe them. Do you know what to give me for breakfast or don't you." I stared at the ground, me interrupting would make it worse but Sioven would get fired.

"I asked for the onions. The eggs are always plain, you should try new things sister." To be surprised would be an understatement.

Taro poked his eggs and Tatian gave him what are you thinking are you insane I can't believe this is a servant you hate them, look. But I was thinking the same thing.
Carta and mother dismissed it, they didn't really care to be honest.

"Very well made eggs Sioven thank you." And he smiled at her that's when Carta and mother do pay attention, even their mouths gaping.

She meekly smiles but quickly tugs her the corners of her lips down when I catch her.

This is a dangerous situation if Tatiana finds out about whatever is happening between Taro and Sioven even if it's friendship. Sioven would be fired from her job immediately. But I can tell from their eyes connecting over the table as she picks up the dishes it isn't just friendship.

The days passes and for a moment. I forgot about Zoia and her absence but when I sit at stare out onto the midnight garden. My mind goes still, it's cold outside I wonder if she is cold.

A knock at the door interrupts my thoughts.

"Come on in."

I stare back at Thomas a young fellow who used to like me, cleans windows.

"Er master Harry I was ordered to clean your windows sir..."

"Of course..."

I move out of his way but holds his slender shoulder, he has a lean frame.

"There's not need for master or sir, Harry will do." He smiles gratefully and begins to clean wiping the glass through the little gap between my desk and the tall window.

It's snowing.

Flakes of white lay on the green grass. The garden turning into a winter wonderland, clearing the colour with weather.

A flicker of movement catches me and in an instant. I race through the mansion to the garden door.

I push the glass door and run through my breaths coming with frost. I take heavy breaths.

Shit it's cold.

I realise I don't have a jacket and is wearing flip flops in the thick snow.

But none of that matters as I see right before.

Zoia.

In 4 weeks she has returned.

On the verge of death....

HALLO HUMANS

IM SO EXHAUSTED AND TIRED SO MANY BOOKS NOT ENOUGH TIME!

Anyway what is going to happen to Zoia!?

Sorry in a rush to publish luv u take a snowman.

ZainaB