15

Sioven stumbles to our breakfast table, Tatiana is behind a stack of papers and mother is trying persuade Carta to finish her eggs.
"Ye love that will be fine." Suddenly all eyes turn to me with a mix of worry and confusion, I accidentally said 'Ye' like Zoia...

Whoops.

"Harry, what was that you said?" Mother squints her eyes at me narrowing them like there's something she is trying to figure out.

"Oh sorry. I do think I have a cold..." I cough slightly to prove my point. Tatiana raises an eyebrow unconvincing.

"Well, you don't have a fever." She points out touching my forehead.

"I don't know maybe my throat is just strained." This makes her laugh humourlessly,

"Oh Harry you may be the doctor but I have some basic knowledge. Maybe this change of character, speech....Is to with all those rendezvous you take at night."

Shit.

I grit my teeth, painfully smirking at her,"Tatiana dear, I have no idea what you're talking about

"Tatiana dear, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I have heard Harry... Of late night sighting of you going out the back door." My mother purses her lips glaring at me,

I gulp the smirk falling of my face.

"Mother I-" I start but she waves her hand to stop me,

"No! Enough you have enough chances." She shouts scaring Carta, before slowly her voice to and eerie calm.

"Your majesty, it seems there is a need for an heir, You know, I think your room needs privacy."
Tatiana furrows her eyebrows slightly confused,

"With all due respect, I think-" Mother shakes her head,

"The room will be locked up for the night with both you in it." She finishes her egg omelette before getting up abruptly with Carta following.

I hold the shell Zoia got for me as a gift in my hands. Then placing it so I can hear the peaceful rush of the waves.

Tatiana comes out of the bathroom from her long shower wearing a sheer bathrobe, I turn my head from the sight.
She unravels her blonde hair from the towel, her naked body pointlessly visibly, I force my eyes to the locked door. My mother must think we are some children, to lock us like this.

"Harry, dear can you do me a favour and fetch my hairbrush from my the dresser." I nod grabbing the brush and passing it without looking at her.
"I'm tired Tatiana can we-" she abruptly turns me with an icy glare, I stare at the chair behind her.

"Your mother asked for a child Harry." I make an o shape with my mouth scratching my head awkwardly.

She walks to me placing a hand on my shoulder, "Look at me Harry."

I fixed my gaze on the floor, she takes my face suddenly pressing her nails in my skin,

"Harry." I look in her eyes glaring, my jaw flexing.

"I can give you everything." She steps back taking of her robe I trail her bare body unamused.

"I gave you everything." She whispers angrily,
"Tatiana I'm sorry but I just can't." I look down at my hands frowing,

"No- No!" She screeches hitting my chest,
I fall back onto the bed holding her arms,

"Tatiana..." She straddles me.

"What can I do more? What can I possible give more?" She pleads.

"I-"

She puts a finger on my lips.

"Harry you're my husband." She whispers next to my ear.

"And I'm your wife." She kisses behind my ear, I numbly twist my head to hers, feeling nothing at the close proximity of our faces.
"The child has to be born and I don't care if you want to." She unbuttons my shirt and I let her.

"I gave trying a long time ago."