Three.

'Remember the moment you know exactly where you're going,
'Cause the next moment, before you know it,
Time is slowing and it's frozen still,
And the window sill looks really nice, right?
You think twice about your life, it probably happens at night, right?'

I glare out of the sun roof of the car and stare at the clouds passing by, knowing if I don't watch I'll slip into the state of mind where I dream of things that will never happen.

'Fight it, take the pain, ignite it,
Tie a noose around your mind loose enough to breathe fine and tie it to a tree,
Tell it, "You belong to me,
This ain't a noose, this is a leash, and
I have news for you, you must obey me"'

I wish it was that easy. I really do.

"what next?" Lilly asks.

I pick up my song book and read.

Holding onto you - Twenty One Pilots

Ride - Twenty One Pilots

"How about ride by Twenty One Pilots?"

"You really like Twenty One Pilots don't you?" She giggles

"Yeah"

"Hmmm."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Ok"

She turns ride on and I tap my foot to the beat. As if it was perfectly planed the song goes off as soon as we pull in my drive way.

"You think your mom would mind if I stayed the night?" She questioned.

"Nah."

As we open the door we find my mom on the couch, still in her pj's, watching tv with a bowl of popcorn.

"How was your all's day?"

"Good." Lilly answered for me.

"Looks like you've had a restful day." I state.

Lilly giggles as my mom jumps up.

"Hey! I've done a lot. Like, like, well I took a bath for example!"

I stare blankly at my mom as Lilly bursts into laughter.

"Is it ok if Lilly stays the night, mom?"

"Of course!"

"Ok."

I run up the stairs with Lilly far behind, I guess after years you learn to run a little faster.

I make it to my room and wait at the door for Lilly.

"Oh my golly - a little slower next time - my lungs are going to collapse - I don't exercise - I thought you knew that" Lilly says out of breath.

"I'll try" I say after she finishes her rant.

We enter my room and I throw my crap on the ground. Lilly lays her stuff in a pile and lays her mall stuff next to the bed.

"I leave at twelve tomorrow so I need to pack today."

"Oooh! Let me help!"

She runs over to the closet and starts to pull out various items. I grab my suit case and lay it on the bed.

"You need four sweaters, four t-shirts, eight pairs of pants, five undershirts, fourteen pairs of undies, and a million pairs of shoes!"

"Ok."

She starts to stuff my suit case and dance around to the record I put on the record player.

"Oh and accessories!"

I just stand there and watch the performance.

"Ok, this goes with this and don't wear this with this!" She screams as she starts to 'teach me' how to dress.

"Oh and I got you this!"

She hands me a sephora bag and I open it revealing a crap ton of makeup.

"Don't worry I'll teach you!"

I've always wanted to learn how to use makeup, but it will never make my face any less bland.

She sits down on the bed and took a deep breath.

"That was fun!"

"Yeah"

"Alice, can I give you a smaaaaall make over?" 

"I don't really care." I say as I shrug my shoulders.

"YES!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I look in the mirror in disbelief. No more bushy eyebrows, no more dull blonde hair, no more chewed up lips. I felt pretty.

Pretty decent.

The past hour consisted of waxing my eyebrows, spraying smelly stuff in my hair, and scrubbing my face and lips.

I was blessed with a clear face, only a few pimples. In return I have them on my chest and back. Thanks.

"You look outstanding!" She squealed.

"I don't feel like myself."

"Alice, no matter what you put on your face you will always be you. Nothing will ever change you but the voice of other people and yourself. Remember that."

I look at her and she smiles. Because she knows about my condition, I will never have to fake a smile around her. Never.

I look at myself one more time in the mirror and fake another smile.

I get up from by place on the bed and jolt down the stairs.

"Hey! Wait up turd!" Lilly playfully screams.

I make it to the kitchen, Lilly trailing behind me.

"Supper?" I question my mom.

"I ordered pizza! It  should be here any minute!"

Pizza was a regular when mom was home.

"You look different, but I can't put my finger on it." My mom says tapping her cheek with her finger.

Lilly spoke up.

"Well I exfoliated her face, put a tad of shine serum in her hair, and waxed her eyebrows."

"Do you feel like a new person?" My mom asked

"Yeah, I guess."

Ding. dong.

"I'll get it." I sat as my mom hands me the money.

I walk through the 'den' as we call it and open the front door.

"Hello, you ordered a small cheese and pepperoni?"  The young boy asked.

"Yeah"

"That'll be 15.98."

"Thanks."

I hand him the Twenty dollar bill.

"Keep the rest" I say as I close the door.

I walk back to the kitchen and sit the pizza on the counter.

"Yum." My mom and Lilly say in unison.

I grab the plates out of the cabinets and three cokes out of the fridge and sit down at the island.

The already had the pizza out and had cheese strung across the counter.

"You guys sure know how to make messes."

They both laugh in unison. I'm starting to think they're more friends than me and Lilly are.

I sit down and start to eat my pizza.