Twelve.

"What?" She asks shocked that I would say that.

"Yeah, I mind. This is a date after all." I lie.

"and I don't know if you can tell but he doesn't want to go." I say sternly. After it was all said I feel a guilt run through me, I have never been so mean.

And I like it.

"Well, um I guess I'll leave."

She turns and trots away.

"Wait!"

She stops in her tracks and turns around. Her face holds a look that could kill.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so rude."

She looks up to the star lit sky and back down to my eyes.

"No I'm sorry, I knew you guys liked each other by the way you smiled and looked into each others eyes. It wasn't my place to barge in." Her face softens.

Wait, by the way we smile.

By the way we look at each other?

Haha funny.

"Thanks Annabelle." Josh smiles and takes my hand.

"No problem." She turns on her heels and walks away.

"Well." He huffs.

"Well." I huff back.

"Where do you want to go?" He asks.

We begin to walk to the car.

"I don't care, where do you want to go?"

"C'mon its your night. Where do you want to go?"

"It's our night." I say

"Plus I don't know any good places." I add.

"I think I know just the place!" He says and begins running to the car.

"Hey wait up!" I run after him.

~~~~~~~

"Don't forget abo-wow-wow-wow-wout me!" Josh shout at the top of his lungs. The heaters blowing so hard his colorful hair flys back, making it look as if he was performing for a music video. I tap my foot along to the beat of the song, rocking my head back when my foot tapped the thick carpet of the car.

The song slowly ends and me and Josh look over at each other.

"That was fun." Josh laughs.

"Very." A smile tugs at the corners of my lips.

"Just one question, where are you taking me?"

"You'll see." He viciously smiles.

"Are we almost there?"

"Yeah, so put this on."

He pulls a bandana out of the console and hands it to me.

"Should I trust you?"

"Of course! I'm very responsible!"

"I wasn't talking about that. I'm sitting in a car with a basically stranger that looks to be Twenty something. And your asking me to put a blind fold on."

"I'm Twenty seven. And I'm completely not a kidnap- wait. How old are you?"

"18."

"Shit."

"What?!"

I'm slightly confused as to why he was so upset.

"Your nine years younger than me. This looks really bad."

"Age is just a number, plus we're just friends." I argue.

"Yeah." He says in a hushed tone.

I tie the red bandana around my head and wait.

"We're almost there."

About two minutes pass and I feel the car stop.

"Ok I'm coming around to get you."

I feel the door open and the chill of the night come on, but The warmth of his hand quickly runs away the cold of the night.

"Okay step out. I've got you."

I place my other hand on his arm and gently get out of the car. Placing both feet on the ground, I feel his other arm gently caresses the small of my back as he guides me into the unknown.

"Ok, take it off."

I remove the blindfold to see the record store decorated with Christmas lights from one end to another. I felt so much joy.

"You decorated the record store." I say in awe.

"Yeah, I asked my boss and he said I could. I just really felt like getting into the spirit since I met you." He squeezes my hand.

"And what better of a place to get into spirit than the place we met." He looks down and I see a look in his eyes that I swear I've never seen in anyone's. I'm almost positive he could see it in mine.

"So you wanna go in!" He asks, shivering may I add.

"Anything to get out of the cold."

He giggles (manly of course).

He reaches in his pocket and pulls out his keys, unlocking the door.

The warmth spreads over me as the heat rushes out.

We both hurry in and stand there taking in the heat.

"You look adorable when your cold." He smiles.

"With your little red nose." He boops me on the nose.

No he did not.

I poke him in the stomach.

"Aye, why'd you do that?!"

"You booped me!"

"Wow, a boop. Big deal."

"It is!"

I reach over and begin to tickle his belly.

"Hahaha, stop! Plea- oh hahaha oh god! Please!" I laugh as he runs from me.

We run at least three circles between the shelves filled with 45's.

He finally finds a spot on the sofa in the corner of the room. I plop down next to him and inhale deeply. Tonight has been great.

Before I had a chance to thank him he stands up and walks over to the old crosley next to the counter. The room fills with classical music as soon as the needle drops.

"May I have this dance?"

He bows and holds out his hand.

"Sorry, I don't dance."

His head jolts up.

"Aww come on! You killed the moment. Just one time?" He gives me a pouty face.

I shake my head and cross my arms.

Without another word he reaches down and plucks me off of the couch.

"Wah-!"

Before I knew it we were waltzing around the room, with my occasional tripping.

"Here follow me, one, two, three, four, and turn." He turns and I swiftly follow him.

"Hey this is easier than I thought!"

One, two, three, four, and turn. One, two, three, four, and turn. I get lost in the steps, the way his hand rested on the small of my back, the warm sound of the record turning for us, and just us.

And I begin to realize it's not that I don't know what love is, but my past won't let me.