Ten.

I twist the door handle open and come face to face with Josh.

"Hey, Its been an hour and thir-" his sentence is cut short as his eyes flash down to my feet and back.

"You look different."

" I m-mean in a good way. I mean you looked pretty before, I was just trying to say you look nice right now and-" his face flushes red as I cut him off.

"Thank you, Josh." The temperature quickly rises.

"I just came up here because it had been awhile and I didn't know if you forgot or something." He scratches the top of his head.

"Oh, well I'm ready now."

He pushes the door open.

"my lady." He bows

"Thank you, kind sir." I laugh at our strange ways.

I begin walking down the beige hallways and try to pick my feet up off of the thick maroon carpet. We pass pictures of brown and red flowers and tables with gold candelabras.

You know, usual outdated hotel decor'.

I revert my gaze from my surroundings and look over to josh. Like usual, it seems as if he is in another world. Not only because he is eyeing the ugly paintings like he could disappear into one of them, but because I feel as if he will disappear from my life in a split second. Gone.

And the worst part is that I don't want him to disappear.

I have felt more human in the past couple days than I have my hole life.

And that scares me.

>>>Joshes pov<<<

I walk down the tan hall way and stare up at the hideous flowers on the wall.

Wow, they must have been really high while painting these.

I mean high.

I tun my head to see Alice looking at me with a distressed look on her face.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

As if snapped out of a nightmare she looks up to my eyes and turns the corners of her mouth.

"Yeah." She tries to play it cool but I know there's something worrying her. I can see it in her eyes, or when she fakes a smile.

I can tell somethings up.

"Ok, just checking."

In the spare of the moment I reach over and take her hand in mine, wrapping my fingers through her thin delicate ones.

>>>>>>Back to Alice :)<<<<<<

His hand intertwines with mine and my heart drops to my stomach.

For a second I want to leave it there, and feel the warmth we share. The care that radiates off of him.

No, we can't.

I can't.

I jerk my hand from his and shove it in my pocket. I look down to my feet as I feel his eyes burn holes through me trying to search for a reason. I know I'm acting foolish, he probably hates me. I feel like running, hiding. Crawling back into the safety of my bed where I won't get attached.