Chapter 39

JUNE, 2009

Dan

Ryan didn't do anything today. I saw him, in the halls, but he just looked at me, and then he looked away. Like he was scared. Rumors were flying in the halls that he got beat up, that some upperclassman really gave it to him, but whenever they came anywhere near him, he just snapped at whoever it was to shut up, and they did, because Ryan rules this school. No one wants to be on his bad side, even if he really isn't that intimidating with a black eye and a shuffling limp. I spent all day tiptoeing through the halls, but no one touched me. Not one person.

Confusing.

I walk home in the quiet. It starts to snow, but I don't mind. This snow is not sad snow like last weeks was. This snow melts on warm skin and kisses lips that have kissed pretty things and whispers in ears that have heard warm words.

This snow turns me into a magical snow prince with ice in my eyes and snowflakes in my hair.

I like this snow.

I come up to the flat and shake off the spell that I have been put under, stepping inside. I barely have time to shrug off my wet, snowy coat when gentle hands splay across my chest, push me back into the wall. A small noise of surprise slips out of my throat but then Phil moves closer and all I can see is blue. He leans his forehead against mine and breathes out, cool air whispering across my lips.

"Love you."

And then he's kissing me, lips soft and sweet and hungry, only breaking from mine to kiss up and down my jaw and my neck, until I'm breathless. I reach up and curl my fingers in his hair, tugging slightly, and he just kisses me harder in response, like he has to kiss me enough to last him a lifetime. Sometime during this, we've made it to the couch, and he sits on top of me, fingers tracing my hipbones where my shirt has rode up, lips never leaving mine. With stumbling fingers, I pull at his shirt until he gets what I'm trying to do, and breaks away for a minute, breathless and staring at me like I am the only thing in the world. He pulls his shirt over his head and abandons it on the ground, giving me a crooked smile before reattaching his lips to mine. I run my hands over his back, tracing the bones under his skin. His lips move down to my jaw, my neck, leaving feather light kisses that make my head spin, and my fingers press into his skin, falling down his back and grasping for something to hold onto. Finally, he stops, sits up, still sitting on top of me, fingers running delicately across my skin. With swollen lips and messy hair and marble skin, he looks beautiful, god does he look beautiful.

"Love you too."

At my croaky words, his face lights up into the worlds most amazing smile, one that could grow flowers and make the sun shine, and he leans down so that he is lying next to me, wraps his arms around me, our legs already tangled together. Burying his head in my chest, he gives a sigh of content.

"I'm sorry."

"What for?" I tilt my head, confused.

He laughs, a rumbly, happy sound.

"Nothing you need to worry about right now."

I rest my chin on the top of his head, breathing in the smell of raspberry and safety.

"You sure?"

He just nods, and I hum in reply, wrapping my arms around his neck loosely and pressing my cheek up against the warm skin of his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

--

a/n thingy: first off: this is so late!! i was gonna do the double update like a solid two weeks ago and i never got this second half uploaded i am so sorry. second off: this is super short!! again, i am so sorry. this i what i had written already but then i ran out of time and now i've been studying all week as exams are coming up and i am, to say the least, stressed. some really shitty stuff went down recently and i'm struggling to pull myself up and whatnot but christmas is coming and i hope i can stop being so sad all the time. :) also: this story hit 5k reads and i am over the moon!!! thank u thank you i don't deserve support or actual people enjoying and supporting this story and me, but you do, and for that i am so grateful. after next friday i will be done with exams and school for the year! so expect updates. good updates? that's debatable, but updates nonetheless. this story is, sadly enough, coming to a close! i believe there is about five more chapters and i don't want to spoil anything but let's just say i don't like going out without a bang.