Chapter 43

dan-

i'd like to tell you a story. it's a good story, full of magic and pretty things. it's my favorite. even the bad parts.

there once was a boy. he was a very sad boy. his parents never loved him very much. they didn't like that their son liked other boys, or that he wasn't very good at very much in particular. they wanted a business man, one who would marry a nice girl and settle down. the boy was not business man material. he tried very hard to be his very best at school, and everything he tried, so as to please his parents, but it never worked. he was very much so alone, and without anyone to distract him, he quickly found it was a lot harder to be happy than he had always thought it was. he spent his days trying to forget his sad, tried to drown it out with pretty sounds, but he found that it's not quite so easy to forget the harsh words and the feel of hands where they shouldn't be. nonetheless, the boy kept trying. he struggled through school, and when the boy was finally old enough to leave home, he moved in with his friend. his friend tried his best to make the boy happy, but the boy had long since stopped being able to see the pretty things. the boy was tired. oh, was he tired. one day, the boy wrote down a goodbye on a piece of paper and started to walk to a cliff on the edge of town. the boy just wanted to sleep, but as he walked, he saw the prettiest boy he had ever seen, sitting on a swing, shivering in the cold. this boy had sad eyes too, but the boy knew deep inside that he had to save him. so he tucked his goodbye in his pocket and promised to stay awake until he had helped this boy, promised to take the sad out of his eyes. the pretty boy called him up one day, and the boy found himself right in the place that he had been headed in the first place. that day, the pretty boy almost died, and it was then that the boy realized how much he cared for the pretty boy. the boy took him home and nursed him back to health, and slowly, he fell in love. he loved that the pretty boy could bring all the colors back into his life, because oh, how he had missed those colors. he fell in love with brown, with warm, with the boy who had brought him back to life, but he was too distracted with all the colors, so distracted that he didn't even realize he was losing his grip on the pretty boy, and that while he painted colors on his mind, the pretty boy painted sadness on his skin. when he finally realized that, it was almost too late. the pretty boy lived, but the colors started to fade again, and the boy blamed himself for every bruise, every ribbon full of hate, every night spent crying. until one day, the pretty boy kissed his lips, and the boy realized that there were so many more colors than he could have even imagined. the boy shared his stars with the pretty boy. spoon fed him soft flowers and pretty words. the boy gave him his whole world, because nothing would make him happier than to make the pretty boy smile. the boy made mistakes, and when he saw what his mistakes had done to the pretty boy. he kissed that pretty skin and vowed to make it better. the boy went to the pretty boys school and made sure that they would never touch him again, because it made him so angry seeing their handprints burned into his skin, made him so angry that he could hardly see. the boy kissed him so hard, it made him dizzy, because his lips were filled with stars and snowflakes and he would never get enough to fill up his empty bones, and feeling his pretty hands on the boys skin made up for all the years of bad hands, hot hands, in bad places. the pretty boy took the hurt away, if not just for a minute. the pretty boy was smiling now, and it made the boys heart swell, but even then, he didn't feel right. the boy wanted, so badly, for things to be fixed, for him to be fixed, but eventually he realized that he'd never be okay, realized that not even loving someone could fix him. the boy knew he had to go. so, with one last kiss goodbye, the boy would fall out of this world with colors in his eyes and snowflakes on his lips.

the end.

i'm sorry, dan. i'm sorry. i'm so sorry.

i love you.

please hold on to my stars for me, okay?

-phil

--

a/n thingy: this is the last chapter ever for this story and i will not lie, i am a lot sadder than i thought i would be when coming to a close with this story that's been in the works for almost a year now! the support on this has been crazy, so thank you to everyone who has read it, and to everyone who will read it.

also: as i just mentioned, this is the last chapter, so there will be no more writing for this story. however, if you're confused about anything at all, plot or character wise, feel free to contact me with any of the things in my bio! i would love to clarify anything that you feel wasn't cleared up!

if you want to see more of me, however, i also have a new-ish fic that i have been working on (i only have two chapters posted as of right now) and it's a phan au (ofc) where phil is blind! so if u want to stick around with me, u can just hop over there! there won't be any death in it which is pretty fucking great if i do say so myself, and now that i've finished with this story, i will begin a regular updating schedule with that one. (it's called paint my world)

once again, thank you so so so much for reading, and i really appreciate all the support and interest in this story. i have truly enjoyed writing this and i am eternally greatful to all of you.

if you're not interested in reading my new story, i guess this is farewell, so bye, and have a nice holidays! love u kisses from me.

if you are interested, i'll see u guys in a bit!

bye.