Chapter Three

Trying to catch Emerson's attention is harder than it looks. He must be really thinking of something if he can't see me. Mom and Jake both left for work an hour ago. So he can come talk to me for a good few minutes. "Ugh why can't he just come in here? A few minutes won't attract dark Fae's plus that forcefield will keep them out." Mack complains. "I know, but Keaton set up ground rules that he has to follow. And I don't think Emerson wants to lose that trust." "That's right Harlyn. Keaton said Emerson can't see you but that doesn't mean I can't." Aspen takes a seat next to me. "Holy crap, hey Aspen." I turn around. "Alright let me explain why Emerson can't physically be in the same room as you at this moment. But it's going to sound outrageous, then again what isn't at this point?" She starts waiting for me to nod for her to continue. "Okay, you and Emerson are destined to be soulmates. Which also explains why you see him in your dreams. When he thinks or talks about you in a way or just wants to see you. Anyways, dark Fae's can feel that connection, which is why there is a one in a tenth chance that you can be found and taken away." She finishes. "At this point I can believe it. Did this happen to you?" I ask. "No, since I'm full Fae. Like Emerson, we have to search for our soulmate. Luckily Emerson found you. Me on the other hand I am still searching. He's out there though I can feel it." She replies. "Wow, so I have another question. What am I supposed to do about school?" "Well Harlyn, at this point you are almost full Fae according to Julian, so the light Fae leaders will deal with that situation. And will probably get you into a fake boarding school temporarily until we defeat the dark Fae's." "Boarding school?" Mack whispers. "Yes, but it's not actually a school, it's an island that Fae's live on. It's for Harlyn's safety that we put her where she will be safe and away from any opportunity from getting killed." Aspen explains. Mack nods her head in understanding. "Alright, it was night seeing you again Harlyn but I've got to go. Hope I've answered all your questions." Aspen gets up about to transform into her Fae form. "Wait, when will I be put in this 'Boarding school.'?" "The end of the week." Aspen says, then she's gone.

"I got the strangest call today." Mom says taking a bite of her alfredo. "What was it?" Jake questions. "Well Harlyn has been selected to go to the top boarding school of the country. They have a lot of qualities and a good education program. I'm thinking I'll put her in. And she can bring her phone with her, and visit every two weeks. She might not be here everyday but she will be visiting." She says excitedly. "So you're just going to let her go, mom are you crazy? Harlyn needs the normal high school experience not some preppy boarding school experience." Jake argues. "Jake, this boarding school will give Harlyn a stronger education that normal high schools don't provide. She is going so she can get the education she deserves. Plus it's free. Harlyn what do you think?" Mom looks at me for an answer. "I think it's a great opportunity, roommates and a safe campus, plus it'd be like nothing I've experienced before." I say taking a drink of my milk. Jake gets up heading to his room. "I'll speak with him Harlyn, you finish eating then start packing you leave on friday. Sorry honey for the rush. I'm just so proud of you!" She kisses my forehead. It's all about to get real in just three days.

It's hard to picture me, Harlyn Leon, boarding school student. AKA Fae who's in hiding from dark Fae's. I'm starting to understand but it's hard. Lying to my mom and Jake. It hurts, they don't know what's happening maybe one day I'll be able to tell them but now I'll just have to sit tight and find a way to protect myself in hope the the dark Fae's will be defeated. Jake is still pissed about mom's decision to let me go but he doesn't know what's truly going on, neither does mom but one day they both will and they will realise that this was for the best. That I needed this no matter what the consequence. Not seeing me everyday shouldn't be that hard right? I'll have my phone with me and I can skype and such. It'll work out in the long run. I can feel it. I'll be picked up in an uber tomorrow. Aspen texted me yesterday letting me know. She'll be there with me along with Keaton, who I will be meeting for the first time. Of course George and Rick will be there if something goes badly. "Hey Har." Jake walks in my room with quiet steps. "I know you probably think I'm mad at you, and don't support what's going on which I don't. I'm not mad. I want what's the best for you and if this is it so be it. I know I'm a dick of a brother sometimes. I pick on you and yadda yadda. But Harlyn, I love you so much and want you to succeed and be happy. So I got you something, It took awhile I was waiting for something big to happen and well boarding school sounds huge. And you'll want something to remind you of home.." He hands me a big brown paper sack. "It's not appealing but what's inside is worth more than a million dollars." He chuckles. I open the bag and gasp. "Is this?" I start. "Your old baby blanket? Yes, I know you thought you lost it. but it actually got caught up in the lawn mower when I was ten and in my idiot stage while you were at school. So I got it fixed for you." He says. "Thank you Jake, I love it. And just an FYI you are still in your idiot stange." I wipe my tears away, laughing at his story. "Wow! Sassy Har comes out huh? Maybe I'll take the gift back!" He playfully grabs it. "No! I need it!" I laugh. I give Jake a hug and he leaves my room after letting one out in my face. "Your so mean to me!" I say while plugging my nose so it sounds funny when I say it. "I know." He smiles.