Chapter Eleven

"Be Careful girls! Have fun!" Keaton shouts as we descend to the other dock. "Love you!" I shout back. "You too!" I take a seat on the boat beside Jordyn. "It's so cold out, I love it." She says. "I'm glad your mom said yes, because if not I'd grab a jetpack and fly to your house." "Really?" I laugh. "You shouldn't be alone at this time. Knowing Keaton might be your dad. Which we might know the answer when we come back." Aspen speaks up, taking a sip out of her travel mug. "Yeah, but I don't want to talk about all of this right now. This is a time for us to breath." I sigh looking at the open ocean. The dark waters making me shiver.

I've always had a fear of deep bodies of water. Knowing there are things beneath me that can put me in some type of life risk. The boat speeds up causing the air to become colder. Making the blanket I have with me become tighter in hope of it giving me more warmth. Man I wish Emerson's arms were around me to warm me up. The boat slows down. "Alright girls, Rick will be by the marina to take you to Harlyn's." George says hanging on to the boat from the dock. "Thank's G." Jordyn says patting his shoulder. "Be safe." He says to me before helping me up. Looking me clear in the eyes. Walking up the rocky pavement I see the black car that will make the trip from Florida to North Carolina. "Hello Miss Leon." Rick says. "Please Richard, call me Harlyn." I punch him lightly in the shoulder. "Hope you guys brought snacks, we aren't stopping unless you have to use the restroom, or for gas." He opens the back door of the car. "I haven't been off the island in so long." Jordyn mutters, getting in taking a window seat. I go in behind her, Aspen behind me. Rick already had the car started. The heat warming us instantly. "Let's get this show on the road!"

Aspen and I have been awake since the start as for Jordyn she's been out like a log. "You two should get some sleep." Rick says looking through the mirror at us. "I never sleep on car rides, sorry Rick." Aspen laughs. "Yeah, and I'm just not tired." "Well we're going to be there in about four hours." He turns on the radio letting the music fill our ears. If we can listen closely we can hear him singing. I smile looking straight out of the car window. Aspen leans her head onto my shoulder. I take a drink of the water that I brought with me. My phone vibrates indicating my text from Mackenzie.

'Mack: Can't wait to see your face!'

I smile texting her back that I'll be there in a short four hours. I've missed her too. It's been hard not being around her everyday. A part of me would like to go back and forget about me being a Fae, but I have lived up to this new chapter in my life so much. That it'd be odd to not have it with me.

We pull up to my house the headlights beaming onto the garage. Mack runs outside with a big smile. "We're here ladies." Rick announces. "About time." Aspen yawns. I shake Jordyn to wake her up. "What?" She groans. "We're here Jay." I laugh. Rick gets out of the car opening the doors for us. "Har!" Mack shouts. "Man it's been forever!" We emerge into a hug. "I know, I know." I say patting her shoulder. "Mack this is Jordyn, Aspen and Rick." I introduce. "Nice to meet you guys." She smiles. Mom and Jake walk out of the house. "Hey princess." My mom says hugging me tightly. Jake approaches me next. "Har, how've you been sis?" He asks giving me a side hug. "Great." And I think I really am.

After introducing everyone and saying goodbye to Rick, who is just staying in a hotel until he picks us up on monday. We all went up to my room. "You two look alike other than Mackenzie being blonde and her eyes are darker." Jordyn says. "We get that a lot." Mack laughs. "I don't see it though. She's got her parent's I have mine." "Exactly." I agree flipping through a magazine. "I'm hungry." Aspen says. "My brother is preparing our dinner as we speak. And as I say 'preparing' I mean he's getting pizza." I close the magazine, stretching my legs out. "I'm going to be honest Mack, I was really nervous to come here this weekend." I start to say. "Why?" Her expression changes. Jake walks in with a pizza box. "Here you go ladies." He says winking at Jordyn. "Thanks creep, please go." I shoo him out. "As I was saying I was nervous to come here because, my dad may not be my actual dad. My mom never told me. My real father might be a Fae like me." I say slowly so she can fully grasp what I'm saying. "Are you serious?" She asks in disbelief.