Chapter Thirteen

"I'm not joking Har." Mackenzie's voice says in frustration. She just told me about how her parents are leaving for a month for a trip to Mexico. Without her on her birthday and how she's been staying at my house ever since. "I'm just so angry, they just up and left me. But good thing I have your family. They actually appreciate my presence." I smile. "We love you Mack, and yes your parents are mean for leaving you, but they love you." I look at my phone's screen back at her. She just recently did a major cut to her hair. Her blonde long locks is now cut short just below her shoulders. "Thank you Har. I can't wait til I see you next weekend." She laughs. "Me too." We say our goodbyes and I say a hello to my mom. It's so odd, I know my mom, and I now know my dad.

"Come on Harlyn you're taking forever!" Aspen rushes. "I'm sorry, I can't find my sweater!" "Here just wear this one!" She throws the black fabric at me. "Black looks good with everything alright, thanks." I say slipping on the cardigan. "Julian wanted to meet with us fifteen minutes ago!" She stomps out of the Chambers. "I know, I know." I look around. "But I couldn't go meet with him half naked. Considering I didn't even know he wanted to meet with us until after I got out of the shower, which was about ten minutes ago. Giving me five minutes." We start walking faster so we get to Julian's quicker. "A baby can get ready quicker than you." She says opening the door to Julian's.

"It's about time." Julian mumbles. "We have new Fae's arriving, and something else is here." He says looking towards me. "Do you think one might be my sister?" I ask in excitement. "I'm unsure, as for the other something that is here, it's dark." He pauses. "Dark as in Dark Fae related?" Emerson asks. "Indeed, it isn't a someone. It's a different feeling like something is going to go wrong. So let everyone be aware of what's going on." Julian finishes. "Will do, anything else before we go to the docks to get the new Fae member?" I ask. "Yes, the cause of the fire in your kitchen wasn't anything supernatural of any type. The gas of the stovetop sparked and a hand towel caught on fire." He explains. "Oh thank god." Jordyn breaths, holding her chest. "Thank you Julian."

Kane stands by the docks with George and Rick along with our new members. There are three of them, two girls and one boy. One of the girls is too young looking to be my twin. And the other looks nothing like me, with medium length light brown hair and brown eyes. The boy is scrawny and tall, with brown hair and grey eyes. The other girl seems around the age of six, she hides behind the other girl who I think is her older sister. They look alike. "Hello, I'm Harlyn." I introduce. "I know you must be feeling scared, or just a mix of emotions. But you are safe here." I pause walking up the guy first. "What's your name?" "I'm Nick, I don't think this island is going to get me anywhere." He scoffs. "Okay, Nick I know ho-" "No you don't know Harlyn I came from a good life, had a great girlfriend. And now I'm here. I'm cursed." He bumps into me walking past me. "Okay, anyways what's your guy's names?" I approach the girls. "I'm Natalie, and this is Abby." The older girl replies. "We're terrified." "Trust me, I know. I've only been here for a month and a half, and I have been pushed into being the leader due to my situation. Now, I'll take you girls personally to the girls lounge where you will be sleeping, in the same room, but with two other girls."

"You won't find out your powers until a few days, however looking at other Fae's eye patches and or lines I can determine what they are." I pause looking into Abby's big brown eyes with green patches. Kane has green patches. "Nature Fae, Kane I'm not sure if he introduced himself to you guys. He's a nature Fae." I look into Natalie's eyes, Aspen has White lines. "Air, Aspen, the blonde girl with green eyes is one." I say. "This is all so weird." Natalie murmurs. "You'll get used to it after the end of this week. You guys will not wish to go back to your other lives, which of course you can. We have visitation weekends where you go back home for a weekend. Which is held every two weeks." I stop in front of the girls lounge. "This is where you guys will be staying for the remainder of the time here. If you have any questions give me a call." I give them a welcoming smile. "Thank you Harlyn." Natalie gives me a hug. Abby touches my hand in a friendly way of thanking me. I smile down at her. They walk in being greeting by some Fae's. "You did really good, making them feel welcomed." Emerson says, taking my hand. "I only spoke the truth. Being honest is the only way people will feel some sort of understanding."