Chapter Twelve

This weekend went by faster than I thought it did. Mack's turning eighteen this Saturday. It sucks because I won't be there with her to make her day so much better, however I told her I'd facetime her first thing Saturday morning. The Rogue Dark Fae wasn't in the backyard when we left this morning. We are now on the boat leading to the island. I wonder what happened on the island when we were gone. Maybe nothing at all.

"Yay! You're back!" Emerson approaches me in a hug. Giving me a small kiss right after. Aspen makes a barfing noise. "Hey A, soon enough you and Kane-" "You and Kane what?" Kane pops up walking over towards Aspen. "Hello Aspen." He smiles brightly. "Hello." She says quietly. "Ohmygosh Hi Jordyn! I missed you so much!" Jordyn mocks, giving herself a hug. "Oh I'm sorry Jay." Emerson says, letting me go to pick up Jordyn in a hug. "I'm glad you made it back okay." "Thank you Em, you didn't have to do that. You can go to your girl." Jordyn stutters. "No Jay, we care about you. Okay?" "Alrighty."

"We found out what has been trying to harm us." I tell Keaton. "It's a rogue Dark Fae. It followed us to North Carolina." Keaton's eyes grow. "Are you serious? Why didn't you call me or something?" He asks. "Because we handled it." I fold my last T-shirt putting it in my drawer. "You still should've let me know." He snaps. "Whoa, Keaton. I thought out of everyone you'd be proud." I narrow my eyes toward him. "I am. But Harlyn, I may be your father. I deserve to know when these things happen." "Are you sure? Because you're lashing out at me like I poured bleach on your favorite jeans." I cross arms. He stands up head towards my bedroom door. "Yeah, run away from all the arguments you get into. I can see why my mom left you for him." He turns around. "You are going to regret saying that."

It's Tuesday, we took our test last Thursday. We should get the results by today or sometime tomorrow. "Keaton's been really quiet lately what did you say to him last night?" Aspen asks. "I told him about the rogue Dark Fae, and he flipped out because we didn't contact him about it. And the he pulled the father card. and was all mad at me left like he usually does during arguments and I said," I pause my heart dropping to the floor. "I said, I can see why my mom left him. Oh my gosh, I have to find him." I cover my mouth running out to find Keaton. "Keaton!" I shout knocking on his bedroom door. He opens the door. "Keaton, I'm sorry I didn't realize what I said until now, my mom did not leave you. Michael took her. Keaton you're such a caring person, and if you are my father then I'll be the happiest girl in the world because you're so protective an-" He involves me in a hug. "I forgive you." He says lowly. "I know things got heated Harlyn. Times are difficult, especially right now. But I just wanted you to know I got a call from the doctor's office and he wants to meet with us tomorrow, the results are in." He looks at me with a smile. "Seriously?" I sniffle, I didn't even notice I was crying. "That's right kiddo, we're going to figure this out."

Once again I am leaving off the island to go to the doctor's office. "Nervous?" Emerson asks. I nod my head, he gives my hand a little squeeze. We all get on the boat. Me, Keaton, Emerson and Jordyn. Jordyn didn't want to be alone today, plus she wanted to hear the results before anyone else. Aspen and Kane on the other hand are going on their first date, finally. Kane is so awkward and Aspen is more out there, but when they are together it's more like they don't know what to do. Which explains how they act around eachother. "Honestly, I can't still get it through my head that you might be Har's dad." Jordyn motions to Keaton. "Get used to it." Keaton says, giving Jordyn a straight face. "Wow!" I laugh. "Expressing my nervousness with some humor." Keaton puts his arms up in defense. The boat comes to as stop as we park by the dock. My life is about to change yet again, one way or another.

We get to Doctor Andrews and the nerves inside me grow more. I get out of the car, Emerson right behind me still holding my hand. "Ready kiddo?" Keaton asks the blue in his eye popping out more then ever. "As ready as I'll ever be." I nervously laugh. We get inside and Doctor Andrews smiles as he sees us. "Hello! Mr. and Miss Leon!" He says cheerfully. "Please come in!" Ushering us to his office. Emerson and Jordyn stay in the waiting room. "Please sit." He orders, sitting on his side of the desk. Me and Keaton taking a seat on the other side. "Alright, are you guys ready to hear the results?" He looks at us waiting for a reply. "Yes." I say. Keaton grabs my hand as a form of comfort. "First things first, Keaton you are infact Harlyn's Father." He pauses. "What else is there?" Keaton asks. Smiling as big as a child on Christmas morning. "The other twin, she's alive." He says. "S-She's alive?" Keaton repeats. "Yes however, when she was born her heart had a disease in it. Which they had to surgically remove, which the surgeon who operated on her thought killed her. When it didn't, she recovered and got adopted out because the doctors at that hospital couldn't get a hold of you or Mrs. Leon." He explains. "We may be able to find a way of getting you a way to meet her, since she's turning eighteen soon she won't be a minor anymore and we can find someone to find her." He finishes. "Thank you Dr. Andrews, We'll take it from here." Keaton stands up, shaking his hand. "Thank you." I smile, shaking his hand next. We start walking out of the office. I stop us halfway. "Kea- I mean dad, what are we going to do? My sister is alive." I whisper. "I don't know, but all I know is we are going to find my other little girl."

"So guys, we know you've been waiting all day to figure this out" I start. "Keaton is my dad." I announce. "I knew it!" Jordyn shouts. "You just had to make us wait til we got back?" Emerson asks. "Congrats babe." He hugs me. "There's another thing." Keaton says. "The other twin, she's alive." The room is silent now. "The twin?" Aspen asks. "Yeah, my twin she's alive. And we're going to find her." I look at our small group. "Are you guys in?" I ask. It take them a while to process where I'm coming from. "Uh yeah." Jordyn finally speaks up. "If it were me in your shoes and I had to find Emerson. I'm in." Aspen says. "Me too." Emerson and Kane say simultaneously. "Then we've to get to work."

"I can usually feel Emerson's emotions, well since we became Fae." Aspen scratches her nose. "Yeah and I can sometimes smell what she smells." Emerson says. "Wait what?" "What she smells, I can sometimes smell myself. Like we are one at certain times. When we are feeling big series of emotions, like fear, hunger, and other emotions." He explains. "It sounds odd, but it's true." Aspen adds. "Alright, so my twin might be a Fae like me. We aren't sure just yet." "She should be, you are my kids." Keaton says. "Guess we'll have to wait for these next two weeks to pass then we'll see who comes onto the island next." I get up heading up the spiral staircase. "Goodnight everyone, I'm beat so I'm going to sleep."

' "Whoa Mack your eyes have changed." Mackenzie's mom says, concern in her voice. "Haha very funny mom." Mack rolls her eyes. She walks into her bathroom looking in the mirror. Her eyes infact did change in color. They are still darker blue, but now have lighter blue and silver lines in them. Almost like mine. "Oh my word." She whispers. "I'm Fae."'

I shoot up from my dream. "I think I know who may be coming next." I say out loud. "W-What?" Aspen groans. "The next Fae, who's coming. I get visions Aspen." Her eyes open wider. "You have visions?" She sits up on her bed. "Since when?" "Since before I became Fae." I reply. "So who's this new Fae?" She yawns. "Mack." "Mackenzie? You've got to be joking. It's just a silly dream Har, go back to sleep. Just a dream." She says the last sentence slowly. But what if it's not just a dream, and Mack does become a Fae? This isn't the first dream I've had of her becoming Fae, the last one I had she was leaving to some to the island. It's a possibility that I'm not going to forget until it comes true or not. What would her powers be? She's loud and doesn't take no for an answer. She'd have something she can control really well. "Har sleep." Aspen says. I sigh, laying back down.

"Morning." Emerson greets as I walk into the kitchen of the Elders chambers, which is as glamorous as the rest of the place. "Morning E." I kiss his left cheek. "Aspen told me about your dream or vision thing." He says. "Yeah it's weird because they feel so real, like I'm there too. Like when I'd have dreams of you." I take a drink of orange juice. "And one of them came true, a nightmare though. The battle against the Dark Fae's I had a dream of it happening. And it happened. It's like another part of me being a True Fae, visions." "I never saw that in the books before. But the Fae God's might have changed things up a bit." He says. "I believe you when you say this H, I really do. We'll figure this out okay?" He looks me in the eyes. "Thank you." I peck his lips. "No problem." He kisses my forehead. "I'm going down to do some archery with Kane to talk about his date yesterday, don't get in any trouble while I'm gone." "No promises." I say jokingly, causing him to turn around from leaving the kitchen. "Very funny, just remember, we can feel each others emotions too." He winks walking out of the kitchen door. Leaving me with the thought of having all my feelings being felt by him, how lovely.

My dream last night has caused me to think over if Mack actually became Fae. Would she call me right as she finds out? Would she be as scared and nervous as I was? Who would know? Shaking off the questions I get up off the wooden bench I was currently sitting on. Walking back up to the Chamber. "Where've you been all day?" Keaton asks as I sit beside him on a sofa. "Thinking." I reply. "About what?" He looks at me with concern. "I've had dreams that have come true before, what if they're visions. Of what's coming in the future? Like the Dark Fae battle, and now I'm curious that Mackenzie becoming Fae is going to come true." "Harlyn it isn't known for Fae's to have visions. Dreams yes, but visions? That's impossible." He says earnestly.