Chapter Fifteen

We gathered all the salt we could find to take down the spirits. "Are you sure this is going to work?" I ask Aspen. "Yes. we've had this happen once a while ago. We used salt." She responds sounding annoyed. "Alright." I get up from sitting on the floor. "It seems like the spirits like to hang around during the night. So we need to make a way to lead them to us, and no one else. Since one was trying to get to you last night, I know it's risky. But we'll have to use you as bait for the spirits." I say. "What no! We can't put Aspen up for grabs." Emerson says. "It's the only way until someone else comes up with a plan. So yeah, she'll be up for grabs. But we can stop the spirits with our salt before they do any harm. We also need to see if anyone has saw any spirits either." I sigh. "I'd never have Aspen get hurt in any situation. If anything I'd put myself in front of her." "I still don't like it." Emerson argues. "Then what are we going to do Emerson? These spirits want me. They want to take me away so I can get to the Dark Fae's and potentially be killed. And frankly we all don't want that." I sigh. "Okay, let's do it. But I'm helping with the salt." He says rubbing his chin, clearly stressed.

"Attention all Fae's, if you have seen any spirits come to the Elder's Chamber. I repeat please come to the Elder's Chamber." Emerson says through the speaker. "That should do it. Now we wait." We walk back to the Chambers to wait for anyone who's seen anything. "Harlyn, I saw something earlier this morning." Abby pokes me, tears in her eyes. "Oh it's okay Abby, what did it do?" I kneel down to her height. "It did something to Natalie, I should've helped her but I can't do much with my nature powers." She sobs. "It's okay, we're going to take the spirits down, I'm not going to let anyone else get hurt. Thank you for telling me." I hug her tightly reassuring what I just told her. "Will my sister be okay?" She sniffles. "I'm sorry Abby, but I can't determine that only the nurses. Maybe even Emerson." I look at Emerson. He nods, "Come on let me see what's going on, I may be able to help." Emerson holds Abby's hand leading her towards the girls lounge.

No one else has shown up, so I decided to start setting up the bonfire. It's only 3pm and we are starting at 6pm. But I might as well set it up. "Natalie is good as new." Emerson says, helping me carry a tree branch. "That's great, Abby really needs her." We set the wood up in a Teepee form. "The energy of the fire should attract the spirits." I explain. "They'll come here we'll salt them. Poof no more spirits, hopefully." I move the remainder pieces of wood. "That makes sense because spirits are attracted to energy." He says. "Hey, I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier." "I understand, you don't want to lose your other half." I hug him. "I knew you would." He says. "Oh so this apology isn't necessary then?" I challenge, crossing my arms. "N-No that's not it at all. I just don't want to lose you either so, I knew you'd understand where I'm coming from due to Mack." He says quickly. grabbing my hands. "Chill E, I'm messing with you." I laugh, kissing him on the cheek. He smiles, his dimples showing.

Three hours later we are all at the fire. We're about to light it up but Keaton has to be here before hand. Considering he said the only way we are going to do this is if he makes the flame that starts it. He runs up. "Sorry guys." He starts. "I just spoke with Julian, and he said that someone here, a newer Fae has brought these spirits upon us. We'll find out soon, but as of now lets get these spirits." He uses his power starting the bonfire. Waiting patiently for the spirits to appear I can see Nick in the corner of my eye talking with Mack. I really hope he's being good to her at the most. "To your left Emerson!" Abby shouts. Emerson throws salt to the left. Making a spirit disintegrate. "Thank you." Emerson smiles at her. Two more show up in front of me. I toss salt and both of them. "Keaton in front of you!" Mack shouts. He throws salt hitting the other two. We wait a couple of minutes. "Julian said we will find out who the Fae is when they faint." Keaton says. No more spirits appear, now we just wait until someone faints. "Oh my gosh! Nick!?" Mack screams, holding Nick's unconscious body. "He's the Dark Fae in disguise." Keaton says, Grabbing his arm. "Emerson help me take him to the jail please." Emerson nods, taking Nick's other arm. Mack has her head in her hands. "I really thought he was a nice guy." She sniffles. "I know, but people can change. Maybe Fae's do too." I say letting her cry on my shoulder. "This is enough for one night, Kane go grab some chairs, let's enjoy this fire while it's still here." Aspen suggests. "Sure thing." He says walking off grabbing some camping chairs. "Now what?"