Chapter 14- Beyond The Amity Farms

-----Cass's POV----

Today I am going to go beyond the Amity farms. I know there has to be something out there. We can not be the only ones left in the world. It is about 5:00 in the morning. I plan on setting out on my journey in a few minutes. I really do not want to leave my friends and brother but I want to. I want to explore the unknown. I decide to leave a note for my brother.

Dear Four,

I am leaving to go explore what is beyond the farms. Please don't follow me. Take out Jeanine and the people who are wanting to hurt divergents. I will find a way to keep in contact with you. Remember take care of friends. Especially Tris. Don't let anything happen to her. I love you with all my heart. I will see you again.

Sincerely, Cassie

That was hard for me to write. But it is for the best.
I walk out of the room I was staying in. With a black backpack. It had some food, water, blankets, and some extra clothes. I decided to use my black clothes that they let us keep. Which is a black t-shirt, black jeans, black combat boots, and a black jacket.
I reach the end of the fields and think to my self.
"This is were my journey begins."

~

It has been a few hours since I have set out. I am about to stop to eat lunch when  I see a truck coming towards me. It stops right in front of me and the driver gets out. I can't believe my eyes. It was. Amar. (A/N: In this story. Amar did not "die" when Four was a initiate. But he did "die" like a day or so after Cass came. They came very close very quickly.)
"Amar! Is that really you?" I say.
"Yes it is. But who are you?" Amar asks.
"Really? It is me Cass. Four's sister." I say.
"I missed you Cass. I know why you are here. But where is everyone else?" Amar asks. As he walks towards the truck.
"Are you coming?" Amar asks. I walk towards the truck and climb in.
"No one came with me. They are back in Amity. I left a note for Four saying not to come after me. But to stay in the city take out Jeanine and the people who are hunting divergent. I also told him that I would figure out a way to contact him and that I will see him again soon. But I have two questions. How are you alive? And where are we going?" I ask. As he drives.
"I can help you keep in contact with your brother also. I needed to fake my death. I am divergent just like you Cass. I got all five factions just like you. I escape to beyond the fence. To where we are going is to the Berau Genetic Welfare. So were you came is a city experiment. The city is called Chicago. The are multiple city experiments. But most of them have failed. Chicago is one of the only cities that are still running. The Berau is the controller of all the experiments. But mainly Chicago since it is the most successful. We monitor the city with cameras. So that is how we are able to know so much about you. You, Four, and Tris have now been watched closely. But you more than everyone else. Because you are the only other person with a aptitude for all have factions. Your skills were amazing in initiation. One of the best people we have seen in a long time. So you know as divergent we call them GP's or genetically pure. People who are known divergents are called the GD's or genetically damaged." Amar finishes just as we pull through two sets of gates.
"This Cass is the Berau Of Genetic Welfare." Amar says.

~

Amar shows me a apartment were I can stay. He took me to the head of Berau. His name is David. He wanted me to become the head of security alongside Amar. I happily agreed. I have been recognized so much already. I have been to the control room already to see how my brother is doing. There was attack at Amity by dauntless traitors to see how many divergents there are. So they moved to Candor were the rest of dauntless is who are not traitors. All I have done today is gone shopping which I hate by the way. I got food, clothes, and some stuff for my office that I am sharing with Amar. The computer that they supplied me still has to be set up. But when it is it can look at the cameras that they have in Chicago. You can also hack into the computers and talk to someone that is inside the city. If that person is on a computer. So that is how I am planning to keep in contact with Four. The last thing I did today was get introduced to Geroge. Tori's brother. Tori administrated my aptitude test plus I also talked to her about divergents. Geroge faked his death because he is divergent.
I hope nothing happens to my friends and my brother.