7

Zacks p.o.v

Leaving the doctor was weird, I had an odd feeling in my stomach as I left. I guess, I'm just happy to see that the baby is going to be okay.

My mom always told me I would never amount to anything, Being a father is amounting to a lot.

I'm not going to be the dad my dad was to me, I'm not going to be an abusive father.

I get home and here my mom yelling, which is nothing new. She must be fighting with her boyfriend. I walk into the kitchen where my mom and her boyfriend are and see her crying.

I don't ask her what's wrong because there's so many things wrong, nothing's ever okay.

My family has a lot of problems. My dad's in jail because he was abusive, he's only been in jail for 2 years. My mom has a boyfriend and they're both alocholics.

I have an older brother, but he doesn't live at home anymore and I have a 5 year old sister Mary, that I take care of. sometimes I wish I could leave like my older brother did, but I would never leave Mary alone.

I have a lot of experience taking care of kids, so they will help me out soon.

I haven't told my mom that Ashley's pregnant yet, and I don't think I'm going to for awhile. She has so much going on I don't want to burden her.

My phone buzzes and I look down at it and see Ashley's name.

Thanks for coming with me today .. I liked having you there.

I text back I wouldn't miss it (:

I just want her to know I will always be there, we still haven't discussed what we're going to do but I'm going to support whatever. I know she probably doesn't want to have a baby at just 16, and to be honest I'm really scared to be a dad at 17. If I had a simpler life it would make it a lot easier.

I head up stairs to my small bedroom and see my sister sitting on my bed.

"Hey Mary." I say and go over and hug her

"I'm watching cartoons bubby" she smiles while looking at the tv.

I go sit on my bed beside her and start on my homework.

I hate that at school I'm called the 'nerd', I have other qualities besides being smart. I don't know how I even got that title. I help people out with their homework and somehow maintain having straight As even with a hectic home life. I kind of am a nerd.

I hope Ashley doesn't just see me as some lame nerd.