21

Today I am officially six months pregnant. I feel like a cow! I'm so big now, I feel terrible. My feet are always swollen and my back always hurts. Pregnancy is hard on me, Since I have such a little body.

I sit up out of my bed and sigh, I can tell today is not going to be a good day. I feel like all I do is sigh so much now.

I walk to the bathroom and look in the mirror. I look so huge, My stomach has grown so much just in the past week.

I snap a picture of my belly in the mirror, It's something I've been doing every month since I found out. I want to have some memories of being pregnant.

Tonight is a special night, Zack and I have grown so close the past few months. Yesterday he asked me to go on an official date with him.

I said yes.

I really like Zack. I know I shouldn't start a relationship right now, but if I do it should be with Zack.

I still have a few hours before I need to get ready for the date so I go down stairs to my favorite place, the kitchen.

No one's home, so I search the fridge for anything to eat. I find a jar of pickles and a jar of peanut butter. I open them both then dip a pickle into the peanut butter. This is so disgusting but at the same time so good.

Once I'm full I put the food up.

I head back up to my room and lay back in my bed. I lift up my shirt and look at my belly. I start to feel the baby kick, every time he kicks I press on where he kicks and he kicks right back. It's like we're playing a little game. I start to laugh because it's so cute.

I'm having so much fun that I don't even notice my mom walk into my room.

"I used to do that all the time with you." She says and sits at the edge of my bed

I pull my shirt down and sit up.

"When did you get home?" I ask

"Just now."

"Oh."

"I'm so sorry, Ashley."

"For what mom?"

"For not being your mom, For always pushing you and your sister aside. For making Isabelle take care of you. I'm just sorry." She says and almost starts to cry

"Mom it's okay. I know you don't mean to do that stuff."

"I'm such a bad mom"

"No your not." I say and try my best to comfort her

She's right though, she really hasn't been the best mom. I can't complain though, things could've been worse. I'm thankful she's not like Zack's mom.

"I'm going to really start trying. From here on out I'm going to cook dinner and spend time with you girls" She says

"Okay mom."

A few minutes later she leaves my room. That was weird, Maybe she really feels bad for not being our mom. I hope she's really does start trying, it would be nice to see what it's like to have a mom for once. I've always wanted to be close to her, but she would push me away.

We all end up going to the mall. I guess when my mom said she's going to spend time with us, she really meant now.

"This is so cute." My mom says holding up a dress to Anna.

"I don't like it. I hate pink and dresses" Anna says

"Oh.. what about this." My mom says and holds up another

Anna just shakes her head no, At least my mom's trying.

After my mom buys Anna 10 dresses she's never going to wear we walk into a baby store, I don't know why my mom wanted to come here.

"This would be so cute for the baby." My mom says and holds up and pink outfit with a bow on it

"Yeah, it's cute except, I don't think I would put that on my son." I say and laugh

"It's a boy?"

"Well yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me?" She says and seems upset

"I didn't think you would want to know."

"Oh look at this" she says changing the subject

We finish up shopping and head to lunch, this is the most time I've ever spent with my mom and it hasn't been so bad. Her way of saying sorry for 16 years of neglect is buying us everything with my father's money.

She bought the baby a ton of clothes, shoes diapers, blankets and a crib. I told her my dad already bought me one but she insisted that I would need one for each house. She also bought me a rocking chair and a changing table.

It's a little bit much, she spent way to much money on me. At least I have most of the things for the baby and I still have 3 months to go.

Hopefully my mom will be there for me and Anna a lot more now, but I doubt it. I don't see this sticking.