50

It's been a week since the whole Dylan trying to kill me thing. I'm still so shocked about it, it's really unbelievable what happened.

Yesterday we went to court and found out that Dylan has to do 5 years in prison. He got charged with attempted murder, Miranda is kind of crazy right now.

You can't really talk to her without her going off on you. I can understand why she's upset, Her sons a psychopath.

I haven't seen much of Maria. She has only texted me once all week. I'm really starting to get worried about her. I think I should go over and check on her just to see how she's doing.

I throw on a pair of jeans and shoes and grab Ayden and head out the door.

No one's home but me, Miranda is shopping for the baby and my dad and Zack are working.

I buckle Ayden into his car seat and head to Marias house.

I hope everything is okay with her. It's not like her to not talk to me this long.

I park in the driveway and notice her cars here but also her parents, that's weird. Her parents are never home.

I knock lightly on the door and wait for someone to answer it.

Her mom comes to the door.

"Yes?" She says

"Is Maria home?" I ask and readjust Ayden on my hip

She looks at Ayden then back at me.

"No."

"But her cars here."

"And? She has more friends then just you, Ashley." Her mom says

"Who's at the door?" Maria asks and walks over next to her mother

"I thought she wasn't home?" I say with a slight attitude

"Well.." her mother starts before being cut off by Maria

Maria hugs me so tight.

"God, I've missed you, Ashley. And you too Ayden"

"We missed you too, that's why I came over. To see if everything was okay." I say

"No, everything isn't okay. You're the reason she's in this situation"

"Mom, please." Maria says with a loud sigh

"The situation with Dylan? I'm so sorry, I had no idea Dylan was crazy, I swear." I say explaining myself

"No, not that. Although I'm still really mad about that. She'll be on her own for the next 5 years." Her mom says

"On her own? Uh.. why?" I say clearly confused

"Mom stop. I'll tell her myself." Maria says "Come on Ashley, let's go to Starbucks to talk."

We drive to Starbucks in silence, Maria doesn't say anything. I can tell she's nervous by the way she's biting her nails.

We get there and order our drinks and sit at a table by the window.

I sit Ayden on my lap and sip my coffee, waiting for Maria to talk.

"So.." I say

"Okay, I don't know why I'm so nervous to tell you this. I know you won't judge me or anything, but I'm so scared, Ashley. Like really scared. I don't even know what to do" She says really fast

"Maria, slow down. Just tell me what's going on." I smile at her

"Okay.. I'm pregnant."

I gasp a little to loudly.

That was the last thing I expected coming out of her mouth. She's always been so careful when it's come to stuff like that.

"It's going to be okay." I say "When did you find out?"

"Before the cabin trip. That's why I was so on edge about Dylan cheating on me. I just thought he was cheating not some psycho killer" She says and turns her head to look out the window

"Everything will work out. I'll help you, okay?"

"But this baby won't have a father for the first 5 years of their life. Then I have to decide if if i even want Dylan around my child."

"Maria, keeping the baby isn't your only option. You could always look into adoption."

"I couldn't do that, I see how much you love Ayden and how much her loves you, I want that." She says with a slight smile

"Then I'll help you take care of the baby." I say " I'm sure Miranda will be excited to have another baby around."

"You'll really help me?" Maria asks

"Of course." I say and stand and hug her

"Thank you." She says with tears in her eyes

After sitting at Starbucks for at little while, Maria goes home. Her mom called at least 10 times. I don't think her mom really wants her around me right now, but she'll have to get over it. I know she won't be the one holding Marias hair back while she's throwing up.

I kind of feel guilty about this. I know it's not my fault, but I can't help but to feel guilty.

Dylan's in jail because of me, her baby won't have a dad because of me.

What have I gotten myself into?