30

Zacks p.o.v

I wake up bright and early on Saturday morning. I really want today to be a special day, I've got a whole day planned for me and Ashley.

Her doctor said she's aloud to be off bed rest, but she can't over do it.

I know that me and Ashley won't get much time together before the baby comes so I want tonight to be perfect.

I already made reservations at her favorite restaurant, It's an Italian restaurant downtown. She always talks about how much she loves their lasagna.

The day passes very slowly and all I can think about is taking Ashley on this date to ask her to be my girlfriend.

She's not expecting it, I haven't even asked her if she wanted to go yet.

I head up to her room to do that since we have to leave in 4 hours and girls like to get ready super early.

"Want to hang out tonight?" I ask Ashley

"Sure, What do you want to do?" She asks

"Just get ready, We leave at 8, Wear something nice."

I head back toward my room to pick out my outfit. I want to look really nice for this date so I went to the thrift store and bought a cheap suit.

It's a little tight, but it still fits. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it, since I'm saving my money for more important things.

I pull my suit out of the closet and grab my dress shoes. I sit the outfit on my bed and take a shower.

I put on my suit and head out. I still have a lot of time until it's 8 o'clock but I want this date to be perfect.

I make sure I have everything in order. I sigh in relief, I'm so nervous. I didn't think it would be this nerve racking just to ask someone to be your girlfriend.

It's 8 o'clock.. I'm waiting outside for Ashley she said she would be down any minute.

I hear the door open and I turn around. Wow, Ashley looks amazing. She always looks beautiful, but just wow!

She has on a long black dress, that surely shows off her curves. She did her hair different then usual she put in up, and it really makes her look amazing. You can see her face more.

I go up to Ashley and grab her hand to help her down the stairs. She smiles and says thank you. I open the car door for her and she gets in.

I start to drive to the restaurant, I start to shake my leg because I'm so nervous.

"I hope this is nice enough outfit. Nothing really fits me." She says and laughs

"It's perfect, you look amazing by the way " I say and squeeze her hand

She smiles at me and looks down.

I pull into the restaurant and Ashley's face lights up.

"Oh my god,I love this place. " she says and steps out of the car

"I know, You always talk about it."

"I do, dont I?"

"Yes"

The waiter leads us back to our table. I made sure to get a private table all the way in the back away from everyone.

There's roses scattered around the table, with two candles in the middle.

"This is so sweet" Ashley says

"I wanted to make it special for you.." I say

She grabs my hand "well it is."

I pull her chair out for her and she sits down. She looks so beautiful tonight, I never would have expected Ashley to like me. 

We order our food and to my surprise Ashley orders pasta instead of the lasagna. I also order some pasta with garlic bread.

Once we're done eating we just talk for awhile, mostly about the baby. It's weird how excited we are for him to come. It seems like her pregnancy has gone by so fast, but we still haven't picked out a name yet.

"What do you want to name him? I think we should figure that out. " I laugh and say

"I really don't know, There's to many names that I like. " She says and frowns

"We'll figure it out "

After that the desert comes, this is where I'm going to ask her.

My nerves really start to kick in, I can feel palms sweating.

The waiter sets the piece of cake in front of Ashley and she smiles and starts to eat.

I laugh at how cute she is.

"What?" She says with a mouthful of cake

"Nothing, You're just beautiful." I say

I guess it's now or never ..