35

I pull away from Miranda and head upstairs. This is my baby shower, i should at least change into something nice.

I take a quick shower and put on the outfit I had already picked out for my shower. It's a long baby blue dress, with a pair of comfortable sandles.

I don't have enough time to do my make up, so I just put my hair in a side braid and throw on some mascara.

I look at myself in the mirror before I go back down, I look okay. I really don't want to be here, but I'm just going to push through today. I put a smile on my face as i walk down the stairs.

"Hey honey" My dad says as soon as he sees me

I just smile and nod at him. I still can't believe that he would take Miranda's side over his own daughter, but that's what he's done my whole life so i should get used to it.

I really don't want to dwell on this fight. I can't stand Miranda, but the baby will be here soon and I can't always be this stressed.

Miranda looks so happy today, probably because she got her way. I really didn't plan anything for this baby shower. I wanted it to be the way I wanted it, but it doesn't look like it's going to go that way after all.

I sigh and look around the big living room. The decorations are way to fancy for my liking, but I said can't dwell on it. So I just force a smile and hug all the guests that arrive.

I spot Maria in the corner talking to Dylan.

"Hey" I say to her and hug her

"Ashley, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about me and Dylan I just didn't want everyone to know." She says and looks down

I really can't stay mad at her for this, and I dont want to be fighting with my only real friend right now.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it, but I want all the details later."

She smiles and nods.

I walk away and spot my grandma in the kitchen. She's my dad's mother, me and her always got along great growing up, but I think she's still disappointed in me for getting pregnant so young.

"Ashley!" My grandma says as soon as she sees me

"Hey Grammy."

"I got you the cutest present, I can't wait for you to open it."

"I'm sure I'll love it." I say and hug her before walking away

The baby shower goes on forever and we play a few games, one is where everyone cuts a piece of string and tries to guess how big my belly is.

My dad's coworker won and she got rewarded with a 100 dollar Starbucks gift card. A bit of an extreme gift for figuring out the size of my stomach.

I open all the gifts every one got me. I'm glad to say I now have everything for the baby. Probably to much stuff, but it's better to have more then not be prepared.

By the end of the day I'm officially exhausted. I really just want to take a hit shower and go to bed. I start to walk up the stairs when I hear Miranda call my name from the kitchen. I sigh and turn around.

"Yes" I say and yawn as I sit down at the table

"I really want to talk to you." She says

I nod, not really in the mood to argue with her.

"I'm sorry about the other day, about everything. Ashley I don't want to take your baby from you."

I laugh "but that's what you said."

"No I don't, I may have said it but I didn't mean it. It's just I really want a baby and I was young and stupid with Dylan so I never got to experience being a mom to a newborn. " she says and I kind of feel bad for her

"That still doesn't give you the right to want my baby. I'm not like you, I want this baby. Of course it's going to be hard but I love him and I could never give him to you or anyone else."

"Ashley I can't have kids. "

"What?" I say shocked

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me. I thought since you were so young I could have yours, I'm stupid for thinking that, I know." She says and looks down

"I'm sorry you can't have kids Miranda, but there's other ways to have children you and my dad could adopt."

"We're actually talking about it" she says and smiles

"That's great new" I smile at her

No one says anything after that so I take that as my cue to leave. I still don't like her, but I do feel bad that she can't have kids anymore. I really wonder why she can't though.

I start to walk up the stairs when I feel a warm liquid run down my leg ..