Chapter 1 - Wild

The forest floor was soft and cold, as I ran through the trees slowly weaving in and out. My breathing was heavy and yet still even.

“Bliss, were are we going?” a voice questioned from behind me, but I didn’t turn around I just kept running. Finally after some time we all stopped for a rest next to a large tree.

“Sky why are you making that face?” Trinity softly asked while she sat down next to Sky who was running her fingers through her long dark tangled hair.

“My hair is a mess.” She replied angrily as she let her hands fall to her sides, but the she smiled at Trinity lovingly. For as long as I’d known the two of them they’d acted like sisters. Trinity had shoulder length black hair that curled a little and had very light tanned skin. She was wearing a tank top and ripped jean shorts, that were covered in dirt. Sky on the other hand had dark brown straight hair that went to her rib cage and tanned skin, she fiddled with her bright purple tank that had a rip on the side and shorts covered with zippers.

“hello earth to Bliss, you’re not listening to me.” A childish voice complained in frustration. As I turned to my right I saw Jamie frowning at me. Her dark brown hair was full of leaves, her orange tank top was torn, and she had on army pattern shorts.

“you’ve been out of it a lot lately.” She final said her face softening.

“I’m sorry I have a lot on my mind.” I sighed sitting down and Jamie did the same. I glanced over at the others and saw them resting. Ella’s light brown hair covered her eyes but I could still see how blue they were, she calmly stared into the forest. Bree on the other hand wasn’t calm at all, she was pacing back and forth kicking the ground. Her black hair was tucked behind her ears and her eyes stayed focused on the forest floor, and Ember was trying to calm her down. Out of everyone Ember was like the group mother. Her hair was brown and pulled into a messy bun away from her face, and her eyes’ were a warm brown unlike mine which were a very dark hazel. I smiled at the two of them and slowly let my eyes close. My mind was never at peace when I was awake and even when I was asleep my peace of mind was only temporary. My dreams were always the same, A full moon, glowing water and a shadow standing on a cliff.

“Bliss, open your eyes we need to go!” Bree’s voice echoed around in my head, I jolted up right and stared into Bree’s eyes.

“there back let’s go.” She said anxiously as she held her hand out to me. Which I gladly took, an once again we were running through the forest.

“Girl’s don’t run.” A deep voice bummed,

“Don’t look back Jamie,” I sternly said knowing she would if I didn’t say anything.

“Ember how many are there?” I asked when we were hiding behind a tree.

“I’ll check,” she softly said as she closed her eyes and razed her hands up to her ears. All of us fell silent so that she could concentrate.

“there’s 10 of them.” Ember gasped her eyes snapping open.

“RUN!” I screamed and we took off running faster than before.

“Their getting closer,” Ella shouted in panic. And she was right they were closing in on us but all we could do right now was run. I pushed branches out of my face letting them cut at my hands and legs. We broke through the bushes and we stood in a small clearing.

“ouch,” Jamie mumbled as she tripped and fell flat on her face. “klutz,” Bree laughed helping Jamie back to her feet.

“your fast for humans.” The same deep voice from before chuckled.

“ turn around girls.” He hissed and slowly I turned around and their it stood, his hair short red brown, wearing dark jeans and a white T-shirt and dark red eyes. And within seconds more of them emerged from the forest.