The truth

I couldn't wait much longer I was terrified. I waited until my mother was asleep then I left the house. All I had on was my nightgown and my slippers. I ran as fast as I could down the dirt path. "Dad!!! Dad!!!" I cried, I kept running and running. My legs couldn't keep this up much longer, my throat was burning it felt like fire. Then I came upon the ocean I saw a women with blue hair walking into the water. "Hello? Hello? Please help!! I can't find my father!" I cried. She turned around and walked up to me. Her eyes were so blue they were stunning. She stared at me for a long time, a tear rolled down her cheek. "Madison?" She asked. I just stood there staring at her. "Come with me, now let's go." She whispered. "Wait what I don't understand, do you know where my father is I can't find him anywhe..." Just then i saw him walking up to me I ran straight towards him and hugged him as tight as I could. Then I smiled but he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at the girl over there with the blue hair. Then he grabbed me by the arm and walked away. "Dad what's wrong, dad?..." I turned my head and saw her just watching us walk away into the darkness. Then I saw her wave her hand a bright light flashed and she was gone. The only thing I saw was a tail that flipped into the ocean waters....
                                    ***
When we arrived home that night. I turned and looked at my dad. "Dad who was she, how does she know my name, how...." There were so many questions I had, I thought my brain was going to explode. "Listen to me closely Madison do not tell a single soul of what I'm about to tell you. When you were still in your mother's womb, your mother fell ill. I searched the land and I found a mermaid who gave me a potion to heal your mother. But she warned me that if you ever swim in the ocean you will become a mermaid.....