Family

That night I found Marina and told her what happened. "That's awful!" She cried. "Marina you may belong here but I don't I have a family and I have a boyfriend, and I was cursed when I was young this isn't right for me... Marina your the only one I trust to tell, please tell me where our the gates." I asked. Marina was silent then she then nodded. "Thank you Marina." I said. She and I swam in the darkness of night. When I first came here which was only this morning I thought I belonged here but I was wrong. Mary may seem kind and sweet but her heart is filled with envy and hatred. I don't know what my father did to her, but I can't stay here anymore. Even if I still have to stay a mermaid I can't live here. We came to a part in the wall that had a line running through it. "Swim through here with the necklace on, Madison I wish you the best of luck." I hugged Marina even though I just met her I felt like we were already best friends. I turned my head to look at the kingdom one last time, it shimmered and was beautiful but it wasn't for me.
                                          ***
I went through the cove wall and made it to the other side. I looked down at my necklace I yanked it off and crushed it, I dropped it below me and watched it sink to the abyss. I flipped my fin and went to the surface. Everywhere I looked was ocean. Then I remembered how I found the land last time I was lost, the sunrise. I quickly swam north and finally saw the land. "Yes!! I'm coming mom and dad!" I exclaimed I missed them so much I could wait to see them again I flipped my fin faster and faster until finally I was ashore. I saw James grandparents house and I tried to get his attention. "James! James!........." My voice it was gone I tried to scream but it was no use. "It's bad when people disobey there parents did you know that Madison."  There she was walking upon the shore, Mary. "I'll give you one more chance come back and live with me! or stay here and die!" I didn't look into her eyes because she had powers that were beyond me. "You are coming with me if you like it or not!" Mary waved her hand in the air, Magic came out and flew towards me! I tried to scream but my voice was gone the magic wrapped around me and lifted me into the air. Just then I heard James screaming my name. "Madison!!!! Madison!!!!" He ran as fast as he could towards me. Relief came over me. But then I saw Mary walking towards James. "Run home little boy, your not in this." She said. "No, I'm not going anywhere. Let Madison go!" James said. Then in the shadows I saw my father running his eyes met mine and it was as if he knew what he needed to do. "Fine.." Mary said. She waved her hand and magic came out and hit James in the chest. He fell to the ground blood on his hands. I was crying, Mary really was a monster! I look down to see Mary laughing, but behind her is My dad Charles.

Charles Pov
There she was with her icy blue hair laughing about how she hurt my daughter. In my back pocket was a knife I knew what I had to do. I was just inches away from her, I pulled out my knife and stabbed her. A scream so loud it rang through my ears. Then I saw her she fell to the ground and met eyes with me. "Your the monster Charles you always have been!" I didn't say anything I just stared down at her. I knew actions were stronger than words in this case. Then something strange happened magic began to encircle her and I heard one last scream, the brightness of the magic grew stronger and stronger then poof she was gone. I see my daughter and quickly run to her the magic disappeared and she was on the ground. "I love you daddy." She said to me. "I love you too!" I said I gave my daughter the biggest hug I think I've ever given anyone. I looked down at her tail and something strange was happening magic began to envelope it. "Madison look! Your tail!" I said she looked down and gasped. "Dad what's happening!" The magic shined so bright I had to close my eyes. Then I heard a blast it sounded like thousands of stars exploding. I look at my daughter and she is smiling with tears of joy. "Dad look I have legs again!" She exclaimed she stood up and was jumping up and down. "Your happy about this I thought you wanted to be a mermaid?!" I asked. Madison smiled at me. "I realized I belonged here with you, mom, and.... James!"

Madison pov
I quickly realize James is in the sand bleeding! I run to him with my new legs, I may miss being a mermaid but being with the ones I loved was so much better. I sat by him and took his shirt off to see where the magic got him. "James! Are you ok? I'm so sorry this is all my fault." I cried. He was loosing excessive amounts of blood I grabbed his white shirt and tied it around the wound. "Madison, I'm fine I've been in worse conditions, of course I can't think of any right now." "James, son are you all alright." My father said. "Hi you must be Madison's father. Sorry we have to meet like this." Even James when he's injured can still make people laugh. "James I think your going to be ok." I said. "Madison I love you, even if your a mermaid I'll still love you the same." I looked at his beautiful eyes and I could only smile. "James, I'm human now.... Forever and I want to be with you I love you so much. Even when your bleeding excessively you still can make everyone laugh." I smiled and he smiled back his crooked smile I love. I slowly leaned in and out my hands on his face. He put his hands around my back and we kissed. "Umm I'm just going to go now, nice to meet you James." My dad said. I started laughing and so did James. We sat on the beach that night looking up at the stars and holding hands. Even though I lost my mermaid fin and the powers that came with it, I couldn't be happier than I was right now. I'm glad that in the end I didn't have to choose that I got to stay with my family. I don't know how long I sat with James looking Beyond the Shore and at the twinkling stars. James and I looked into the distance and saw a tail flip into the water......