Sailing

"Welcome Madison I'm glad you could make it!" James chuckled. "Why thank you shall we head off?" I said. "Sure, sadly my grandparents couldn't make it." He smirked. "That's a shame." I said. I felt as if he planned for it just to be us on the boat. He grabbed my hand and we walked to the boat. "Wow James this boat is beautiful!" I exclaimed. It's sails danced in the ocean winds, and the floor was a shiny oak wood. James took hold of the wheel and we were off.
                                      ***
I stood by the edge of the boat. I stared into the ocean waters not a wave in sight. Then I saw a shadow by the boat. It was her. I couldn't believe it her long blue hair fluttered in the water, her long tail whipped our boat. The boat rocked back and forth I ran to James. "James we need to get back to shore there is a.... Shark in the waters, a big shark we have to go, now!" I said.  "Madison it's fine will just go farther out." James said. "No! I'm not going, take me back now!" I screamed. Then I heard a thud and the boat took in water. James grabbed the sails and flipped them. "Madison grab the wheel and steer straight to shore!" I ran to the wheel but the mermaid whipped her tail against the boat again and salt water splashed on me. I knew what was going to soon happen so I had to act fast. I grabbed the wheel and turned it as hard as I could. We finally got control of the boat and were heading to shore. James looked at me and I forced a smile. I looked down at my feet scales began to grow and grow. My feet became weak and I fell to the ground. "Are you okay Madison, James ran toward me." I quickly covered my legs with my dress. "I'm fine don't worry go back to the sails, I'm good." I said. He nodded at me and ran back to steer the sails. I flipped my dress back to see if I could transform back to human. The sun helped greatly and made the scales shrivel away. Relief swept over me and I knew I could keep my secret safe for another day.
                                       ***
The mermaids point of view
I let them go. I didn't want her to become a mermaid this way. I swam to shore and watched Madison exit the boat with James. This way wasn't working sorry Charles but I want your daughter to be mine after what you did to me. I want revenge.