Chapter Nine: Fist and Kissed

Australe Leo Black ~ Tuesday, September 2nd, 1975 ~ Hogwarts, Hogsmead, Scotland

Even if I wasn't technically part of my old family anymore, I still cared for my brother. It made my blood boil to see that he was being bullied. Someone called Madam Pomfrey and I knew that Regulus would be okay. So I made a rash decision, and followed the older guy. I hadn't recognized him then, but now, I had made the connection. His name was Evan Rosier and he was pretty much one of the ugliest, rudest and biggest bullies in whole school. He was walking down the hall to the Slytherin common room when I caught up to him. He was with Rookwood and the Carrow twins.

"Hey, Rosier! Why did you have to go and throw fists. You do know that if anyone tells Dumbledore, you can get expelled." I said as he turned around. He had a wicked, evil grin on his face as he replied.

"Hey look here, it's another Black! You want your lights punched out too?" He asked and I laughed. He wasn't the brightest person.

"I think that I would do better than my brother in a fight, Rosier." I said casually waiting for my chance to hit him. I think he realized that I was stalling our chat until I felt it was right to hit him so he decided to play out our conversation a bit.

"You know, you aren't very smart to pick a fight with me. Just stupidly brave and blind when it comes to seeing that you will loose. You and all your Gryffindor friends are the same. Unlike you, us Slytherins know when to back down from something we know won't go in our favour. That's why you aren't in the house of Salazar." He said and cracked his knuckles. I smiled my I-don't-give-a-rats-arse's smile and continued the conversation.

"Then where do you fit in? See you aren't brave, you are very stupid, yes, but not brave like us Gryffindors, and you still don't know when to back down when you aren't going to win. You're just a stupid, ugly git who can't tell two for two." I stated simply and before his pea brain head could figure out what I had said, I punched him in the face. I walked away quite fast after that, praying that his friends would be too busy with him to deal with me. Once I was around the corner I slowed down and shook my hand. It hurt so much. I took a deep breath and walked into the Great Hall to eat my lunch.

When I got into the hall, I spotted the boys and walked over to them, slinging my bag over my shoulder. I took a seat next to Remus and James.

"Hey James, Mason'll be there. Just thought I'd tell you. Ugh, and Nathan too. I hate that kid, he's so annoying and he keeps trying to hit on me!" I exclaimed and James started laughing.

"Thank's Ausie. Nathan's funny. I like him." James told me and I looked at him like he had grown another head.

"You are out of your mind, James Potter."

"What ever Australe." He scoffed and I rolled my eyes. I then took a moment to see what was on the table today. Ham and cheese sandwiches, chick pot pie, fruits and vegetables. The sandwiches were on the other side of me so I had to ask Remus to reach for them.

"Remus, can you pass that plate please, love." I asked him and I saw him blush. I smiled as he handed it to me but grimaced when I take if with the hand I punched Rosier with.

"Holy Merlin! What happened to your hand Ausie?!" Sirius exclaimed and grabbed my hand knocking the plate to the side. I watched as one of the sandwiches fell on the floor and rolled away.

"Hey I was going to take that one! And nothing is wrong with it, see it's perfectly fine..." I trailed off when I actually saw my hand. My knuckles were all busted up and one was even bloody and ripped open. I could feel it, but it wasn't that bad. It didn't even hurt to punch Rosier, just after, and only for a minute.