Chapter Five: A Gift of Knowledge

Australe Leo Black ~ Friday, September 3rd, 1971~ Hogwarts Castle, Hogsmead, Scotland

The night was fun. We had Astronomy on the North tower and gazing at the stars was wonderful. My whole family was named after stars and being able to see the stars that we were named after was pretty cool.

The next morning however, I was feeling less than happy about last night. I woke up tired and in sniffles. The air was really cold up in the tower and I had forgotten my cloak. I spent the whole time looking through a telescope, shivering.

I took one look at the clock beside my bed and reluctantly I got up. Lily had woken me up ten minutes ago but I had stayed in bed. When I had finally shed my covers, I walked over towards the bathroom. There were dark circles under my eyes but other than that I looked okay, definitely not sick. Turning away from the mirror, I shrugged out of my clothes and stepped into the shower.

After letting the warm water run down my back, I rinsed off my body and finished cleaning hair. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and head. I changed into my robes, quickly put my hair up and walked out of the bathroom, right into Lily.

"Oops! Sorry Ausie!" Lily apologized as we bumped into each other.

"It's my fault, don't worry about it, Lils." I told her with a smile. We both grabbed our school bags and left the dormitory. When we got down the stairs, my brother was sitting on one of the couches with some friends.

"Morning Sirius, James." I saluted to them as we entered the common room. They looked up and smiled.

"Hey. Come over here for a minute. I want to introduce you to a few people." Sirius beckoned Lily and I over. He was sitting with two new boys, ones that I had seen yesterday but hadn't talked to before.

"This is Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew." Sirius pointed to a few fellows beside him. Remus had sandy blonde hair and gorgeous chocolate brown eyes and he had a book on his lap. He looked to be the type of person who was shy and reserved. Peter on the other hand, could be handsome, he had piercing eyes, a shade of watery blue, and a crop of blonde hair, but his looks were shrouded by an air of uncertainty and disbelief. Like he couldn't understand how he was hanging out around my brother, James and Remus.

"Well, it's nice to meet you both. I'm Australe. Like the country except without the a." I laughed as I introduced myself.

"And I'm Lily Evans." Lily butted in. I saw James' eyes light up when she spoke.

"Nice to meet you both." Remus said and gave me a smile. I winked.

"Come on Lils, we got to go to breakfast. You guys are welcome to join us if you want." I told them and linked my arm with Lily's. We then scooted through the Portrait Hole.

"You like him." Lily stated when we got into the corridor.

"Who?" I asked.

"Remus!" She giggled. I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"I just met him! Literally, two minutes ago. And it's not like I'm going to act on it. I think I'm a little too young for all that dating stuff. He wouldn't even like me anyways." I told her, rambling.

"You never said you didn't like him though." She pointed out.

"Oh, shut up."

The walk to the Great Hall for breakfast was uneventful after that. When we walked through the doors, we took a seat at the end of our table and chose our breakfast. The boys joined us a few minutes later. I piled some scrambled eggs onto my plate then took a fork and dug in. After finishing my eggs, I looked for some fruit or toast. The toast was just out of my reach so I decided to ask Remus to fetch it for me.