Chapter Fourteen: Skates and Coffees

Australe Leo Black ~ Saturday, December 20th, 1975 ~ 1548 Weavers Way, Cokeworth, England

"Girls! Come down! We want to go skating!" Lily's dad called from downstairs. Lily and I had just gotten home from the train station late last night and we were too tired to unpack. We were choosing to unpack all of our things now. Both of our ears perked up at the possibility of going skating.

"Coming!" Lily called down and went to her trunk to retrieve her hat, gloves and scarf. I did the same.

"Grab your coats ladies, we are going down to the park! Henry from just around the bend got permission from the town to freeze over the car park down at Twist Park." Thomas told us and he put a bunch of skates into a duffel bag, "Australe, you can use an old pair of Petunia's."

"Thank you." I told him and pulled on my fur coat.

"Ah, good, you girls are all dressed, where's Petunia, Thomas?" Mrs Evans, Rosemary, asked her husband.

"I think she's just changing. Petunia dear! Time to go!" Thomas called. A few seconds later, Petunia came down in a lovely pair of flowered slacks.

"I like your pants, Petunia

"I like your pants, Petunia." I told her nicely. Sometimes Petunia wasn't the most gracious of people when it came to Lily. But to me, she was mostly, extremely lovely. She didn't know I was a witch though and that meant that she only really liked the fake me. If she were to find out. maybe she wouldn't be as lovely.

"Thank you. I love your coat. I wish I could get one." She ran her hand up the sleeve of my fur coat with a smile.

"I got mine in London last year, the store might still have a few in stock. They normally always have these." I replied.

"Oh, I would absolutely just love one, maybe for Christmas?" She looked hopefully towards her parents who were chuckling

"Oh, I would absolutely just love one, maybe for Christmas?" She looked hopefully towards her parents who were chuckling. I looked over at Lily to see that she was pulling on her coat. When she had finished, I linked my arm with her's.