10

Once we got inside, the music was loud and the lights were bright, flickering everywhere. The distance between Hugo and I was..

awkward.

"So, um, can I get you a drink? Or do you want to dance?" Hugo asked, rubbing his hands together, nervously. 

"A drink would be nice.." I blushed, hoping I said the right thing. He nodded and quickly walked away. I stood there nervous, hoping no one would notice me.

"Well, aren't you a little pretty girl. What are you doing here so late? Shouldn't you be in bed?" stammered a drunk guy. I froze, staring at this creepy drunk guy. I walked behind slowly, hoping to get away. Instead of going away, he followed me. 

I hit a chair, which toppled over. Minutes later, Hugo was here, with a drink in his hand. Noticing the drunk guy, he said, "Go away, Mark. No one wants you here." Mark, the drunk guy, just nodded his head and stayed there. 

Suddenly, I saw a hand, and next thing was that Mark was on the floor, Hugo's hand outstretched.

I heard screams, but the music kept playing.

"I-I'm sorry, Cassie."

He said my name.

"Look who's here, Hero Hugo, huh?" There was a girl, blonde, pretty, wearing too much makeup, and probably a bit drunk. She hobbled over, holding a beer."Saved your little princess from Mark, the dragon, eh?" Hugo glared at her, and grabbed my arm, took me away, into a little corridor.

"Who was that?" He was running his hands in his hair, obviously looking distressed.

I should help him, shouldn't I..

"That.. That was my ex. Alexis. I dumped her, so now she's pissed."

"Ah."

"Sorry about that. Do you want to leave?"

I nodded slowly, and looked outside. The stars and moon were out, shinning onto cars parked outside. Hugo grabbed my arm, and led me outside into the dark and cold night.

-

Outside was cold; I was only wearing a thin-strapped dress. Even the dress material was a bit thin. I shivered, rubbing my hands and arms. Hugo noticed and gave me his jacket. I murmured a thanks and went inside the car. I turned on the heater, and played some music.

Last thing I saw were the white daises in front of me.

When I woke up, the white daises were in a vase, on the table next to my bed, fresh and smelling good.

Thank you, Hugo.