25

"Are you.. okay?" 

Wow, I thought he was going to say something stupid like.. "Are you stupid?"

Why did he care?

"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"Um, sure why not?"

"Oh."

I gave him a strange look and went back into Literature class. He followed but then stopped at the doorway. I ignored him as I sat in my regular seat and waited for the teacher to start.

The teacher looked up and saw Colin and said, "Hello sir, are you in my class? You seem quite lost." Colin blinked and turned around, leaving the doorway.

The teacher frowned but said, "Okay, class. Today, we'll be doing.."

After that, I kind of zoned out..

-

"May I walk you home, ma'am?" asked Hugo, as he waited for me at my locked. I laughed and said, "Why not, you kind sir." I hesitated before closing my locked because I realized Colin was right next to me.

WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME EVERYWHERE YOU COLIN NAMED FIGURINE?

"Earth-to-Cassie, you there?" Hugo asked as he stared at me, worried.

I nodded and said, "Let's go, don't you have to walk me home?"

"Well that would take me about, I don't know, two hours, so I'm going to drive you home."

"That got less fancy all of a sudden."

"That's why I said walk."

Before we exited the doors, I glanced back at Colin. He was staring at Hugo and me with one of his blank faces.

I frowned and turned back around, seeing Hugo smile at me.

What a day.