28

a/n: hahahhah i'm so so so so so so so terribly sorry i haven't written in a while. you know school and inspiration being gone have been happening so i couldn't really write. thank you for still reading tho!! love you guys <3

"Yes, of course I love you," Hugo said, but he seemed a little distracted.

I frowned and shook my head, walking out. Hugo ran up to me again and touched my shoulder. "What. The. Heck. Do. You. Want." I said, turning around slowly.

Hugo didn't flinch this time and said, staring at my eyes, "I am not dating other girls, I am not older, and I am not .. lying to you." I heard him hesitate at the last part but half smiled and said, "Okay!" and walked out, leaving him.

I rushed and walked home as quick as I could, hoping to outrun Hugo. I just wanted to be alone with my feelings and myself. Maybe to eat chocolate or maybe watch some episodes..

-

At home, I flopped onto my bed and screamed into my pillow. Instead of doing homework because I hate homework, I decided to watch a bunch of episodes of Stranger Things. After a couple of hours, my mom came in and said it was dinner.

When I went downstairs, there was a guest. His back was faced towards me so I couldn't tell who it was. I brushed down my clothes and tidied my hair, hoping to make a good impression. My mom hates it when I don't. He was talking and his voice sounded familiar. Kind of like a warm, soothing voice I heard earlier today. I stopped at the door to the kitchen, hoping to hear some conversation..

"Well, son, you're welcome to come here anytime. I'm sure Cassie would enjoy it." I heard my dad say as I frowned. The boy responded, "Yeah, about that. I think she's mad at me." My mother said in response, "I'm sure she's not. Cassie's a good girl and a sweet little pumpkin." The boy laughed at the that and I felt my cheeks getting warmer.

I decided to go downstairs and see who this mystery boy was. 

Oh shoot.

It's him.