Jem: Giving Thanks

Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Giving Thanks

Jem

Ellis was extremely light under my grip, easy to fling around and twist because I only start to notice how small she was as compared to me. Her fingers were small and nimble, soft from her moisturizer, looking like a petite ballerina when she entangled them within my coarse, untamed hair. Her satin lips were on mine, being swallowed by mine as her body was on top, pressing me into her soft sheets.

Right now, I was being enveloped by Ellis's smell everywhere. Her room always smelled like a spa's lobby, fresh with hints of flowery perfume, except it wasn't really flowery. It was smoky and sweet, a mixture of cherry, vanilla and cinnamon dousing my nose. It drove me crazy- the smell. My head was spinning from it as I kissed her and run my hands through her shoulders, feeling the satin cardigan cloaking the pale flesh underneath.

I was surrounded by skin and touch, inhaling the perfume tainted on her neck, obsessed with the way she moved against me. She held back more than me, hesitant when she came to the kissing and the touching, while my experience helped me dominate and guide her through it. This was the area of expertise- making girls come undone but it was less methodical in order to pursue release. Usually, I worked fast and hard to achieve the release- the big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but with Ellis, I wanted time to slow down and feel everything about her. I wanted time to never end and oblivion to never touch us. I want to spend forever in awe as her pale skin rise and fall by your collarbone, her hands flashing back and forth with her mouth on fire. 

I held her tighter. She was good and different from anyone I've ever kissed. Most of the girls I've dated, I mean sure, I used them but they weren't the victim completely. It was not like fucking Jem Leighton was something you can't boast about. There was something about dating or screwing a guy as popular as me that mount you on top of the social chain- I could be treated like a piece of jewellery, a pair of earrings to show off to your friends, but Ellis doesn't do that. Ellis didn't like me for the sake of hoping that other people would be interested in her as well or liked me for the sake of using my name to gain friends. Ellis was good, and I didn't want to lose her. I could feel myself falling deeper and deeper into her and it was not good because I couldn't control it. I couldn't control me from doing something stupid that would fuck everything up and lose her or control her from walking away for someone better, smarter, richer, someone who could give her everything. She made me mad and scared and for once, I'm not like the heartless piece of shit who hurt others before they hurt me.

I'm so fucking scared. Why was I scared? I'm supposed to be fearless, I'm Jem Leighton- I don't fall in love because love doesn't exist but maybe...maybe...

Ellis, Ellis, EllisEllis, you're a love story. Your entire character. You are a romance novel, and I am reading it right now, and I am scared. I've never met a girl who was a storybook before.