Two

Dani had circled the entire area twice before the Winchesters arrived. She had already pinpointed two buildings that were perfect djinn hideouts.

Sam and Dean came up to her, weapons in hands. "Did you get here early?" Sam asked.

She smiled slyly and shrugged. Sam exhaled and shook his head.

"You couldn't have waited?" Dean asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Seeing as you couldn't find anything on your own, you would've just slowed me down." She began walking in the direction of the nearest abandoned building. "Now, where did you look for the djinn so I know what to cross off my list?"

"Abandoned house and the dead farm," Dean said.

Dani stopped walking. "And did you find anything?" she asked, not turning around.

Dean clicked his tongue. "Nada."

Dani ran her hand stressfully through her dark hair. "Okay," she nodded, "plan B, then."

She began to walk back to her car. The brothers exchanged a confused look before following her.

"Plan B?" Sam echoed.

She opened the car door and turned around. "We split up and begin a stakeout. I'll take the western side, you two can decide where you want to go." Dani began to get into the driver's seat of her car.

Dean stopped her with a "Whoa, whoa."

Hand on the steering wheel, she sighed. She turned and raised her eyebrows at him. 

"What if it doesn't come out?" he asked.

Dani grabbed her hair into a fist and tied it into a ponytail. "This is their hunting ground; if it doesn't take someone in the area, it will try to get one of us."

She turned the key in the ignition. Her convertible rumbled to life and Dean gave it an incredulous look. "Keep your phones on, call if you see anything."

With that, she closed the door and drove off, leaving Sam and Dean staring after her old, beat-up car.

Dani slowly circled her area. Alone again, she moped and muttered to herself about how annoyed she was to be stuck helping two hunters that she just met.

"Sorry, kid, but I got some friends that could use your help taking down a damn djinn. They're really good hunters, trust me, but for some reason they need you--out of all the hunters that owe me favors--to come halfway across the country to help them," she imitated the old man in an awful American accent.

Her phone rang, making her jump out of her thoughts. Huffing, she stopped the car and picked it up. "What?"

"It's Sam," the Winchester on the other line said, "I saw something heading in your direction. It kind of just disappeared. Could be nothing, but--"

"But we can't take a chance," Dani finished for him. "Thanks, Sam, I'll keep an eye out."

"Do you want me or Dean coming to make sure--"

"I'll be fine."

She hung up and resumed her circling, this time more focused on the task at hand. Her acute eyes scanned the environment for any movement, but she saw nothing out of the ordinary.

After a few minutes, she stopped the car with a great jerk and a little yelp. Someone jumped in front of her path. No--not someone, something.

"Bloody hell," Dani muttered.

The djinn's tattooed face contorted in a sort of roar. She scrambled for the silver knife dipped in lambs blood next to her. Gripping it tightly, she raced out of the car. Time froze for a moment as Dani and the djinn stared one another down, deadly intentions painted plainly in their eyes.