Four

"Did you burn the bones?" Sam asked his brother when the three reunited.

Dean nodded. "He's taken care of."

Dani observed the relaxed, relieved looks on the boy's faces. "So, what, you think it's all over now?"

Dean scoffed. "Well, yeah."

She laughed at them. "There's no way in hell that guy isn't tethered to some object," she said. "He's here to avenge his bloody death, Winchester, not to pay a visit to his grieving daughter."

"So, what do you think we should do?" Sam asked. Dean stared at him like his brother was crazy. Sam did not meet Dean's eyes and clenched his jaw.

Dani crossed her arms. "We stay for one more night, at least. If nothing happens by the following morning, we go check in. If all seems well, we leave."

Sam nodded stiffly. "Sounds good."

Dean made a strangled noise and Dani stifled a laugh. "Can we talk?" he growled, not taking no for an answer. They glanced at Dani. Sam gave a small shrug, his puppy-dog eyes apologetic. She smiled at the sight, Sam's hazel eyes tugged at her heart slightly. She silently chided herself and forced it to be still.

She held her hands up as she left. "I'll be in my room."

Sam knocked on her door about ten minutes later. Their chats were very lengthy, Dani had gathered. They must have had many feelings to pour out.

Dani opened the door and Sam towered over her greatly. He was a good bit more than a foot taller than the little British girl, who rose to a whopping 1.57 meters (or 5'2" in American measurements).

"So, uh," Sam began. He chuckled and Dani's brows drew together. "Wanna go out for dinner? With, uh, with me and Dean. I, uh, we were just hungry and, you know, we--well I was wondering if you wanted to," he cleared his throat, "come?" Finally finished with his short ramble, he sighed and smiled a crooked and slightly cute smile.

Dani, against her own accord, smiled a small smile back up at the Winchester. "Sure," she chuckled.

"Great."

She followed him out of the room. "You just have to sit in the back if you're gonna come in Dean's car," Sam said, a little apologetically. "Unless you wanna just meet us there."

"I'll come in the car with you two," she said easily, to her own surprise.

He nodded. "Okay."

Dean pouted in the driver's seat as the two clambered into his impala. Dani realized that Dean didn't like her very much, and she didn't let it bother her. She was not exactly the easiest person to make friends with.

"So you're British, you're vegetarian, and you don't know what French fries are called," Dean said. "I guess I'll be picking where we eat."

Dani smiled sarcastically at him through the rear-view mirror. "Fine by me, Winchester." He glared back at her.

Sam cleared his throat and Dean to looked back to the road. He pressed a button on the radio and classic rock filtered through the car speakers. Dani rolled her eyes and sighed. How American.

"What, now you have a problem with my music?" Dean asked defensively.

"Dean, chill," Sam hissed. Dani chuckled.

Dani was eager to get out of the cramped backseat by the time they pulled up to the diner. She would have to get used to it if this were to become a regular thing, something she had rather not think about.