Chapter 9 - Gabe part 1

Your POV

"Gabe!"  I yelled, joy evident in my voice with tears streaming down my cut and bruised face. Gabe landed on the arena floor and got off Pegasus 'he hasn't changed at all' was the only thought that ran through my head as I jumped into his arms. He returned the embrace just as tightly as I felt some of his own tears landing on my shoulder. We were lost in our own little world until Gabe released me and scanned my face, his expression suddenly changed as he saw my cut and bruised boddy. I'd seen him only angry once before in my life, 'he's gunna loose it' I thought as he yelled "Lilith you need to be more careful, do you know how hard it was to watch you get hurt just now, in fact for the whole time you were in this realm!". I merely wiped his stray tears which he was trying to hold back and knew that I couldn't fault his reasoning as I must have worried him so much, I could only reply "Love you Gabe" as I gave him a sweet smile. 

"Ahem!" I suddenly was woken from my trance like state by my team, I suddenly remebered that we were still in the arena and EVERYONE HAD BEEN WATCHING. My face errupted in a scarlet hue as embarrassment consumed me and I took Gabe by the hand and ran out of the arena. Once we had left I stopped gasping for breath, I looked at Gabe who was almost shining in the light of the arena tunnel which merely reminded me of our past together.... 

~flashback to when you were little~

Your POV

"In the kingdom of the heavans each person is born with a symbol on their body, their fated partner who is the one they are meant to be with will have the identical symbol and colour. When you are born into the Royal family or will marry into it your symbol is white and gold, yours Lilith is white and gold because you are the Princess, see here it is a swirling pattern of wind like wings on your chest? Your partner will have the identical one" My father said as he put me to bed. At the age of 6 I began to get curious about my birthmark on my chest as no one else in the castle had one like mine so I felt insecure about it. He explained to me the purpose of the symbol which only left mesmorised and anxious about who my destined partner would be. 

When in the castle my only company were the servants who let me help in the kitchen and used to play with me in the gardens, no other children were at the castle which made me feel alone which is why when the servants weren't around I used to run to the cave near the castle to play as it was like a mystical wonderland. However one day when I was 10 a new boy came to the palace, I was too nervous to greet him so I hid behind my father. The boy was good looking with long blond hair and shining blue eyes, just by observing I could tell he was older than me which only made me more scared to speak. "My name is Gabriel, 11 years old, new trainee for the royal army your majesty" he suddenly spoke. His voice was calm but with a slight edge of respect, my father replied "Gabriel, trainee for the royal army what are your orders?", "to protect the kingdom and the royal family your majesty" he replied almost immediatly. 'He's just like the other guards' I thought a little dissapointed with his answer 'he's just here for protection, just a puppet sadly'. I left the throne room after his answer leaving both my father and him to look at me, father had an annoyed look in his eyes due to me disregarding my duties however the boy looked oddly sad. "I have stuff to do father, thankyou Gabe for your services to the future of our kingdom" I bowed and left.

Gabe POV

I was terrified, literally shitting myself. How was an 11 year old supposed to act calm and composed in front of the the bloody King and Princess! My captain told me it was time, I stood in front of the large golden oak doors as they slowly drew open revealing the vast room and the King in his throne. I couldn't see the Princess immediatly until I got closer which is when I saw a small petit figure behind him. 'She's beautiful' was all I could think until the King coughed and I began my introduction. All was going well until I spoke of my roles as a future knight and that is when I saw the Princess sigh and she began to leave. 'What had I done wrong? Why is she leaving?' all these thoughts spun into my mind until she was out of sight. I turned back to the King and apologised "My king I am sorry if I did something wrong to offend your daughter", the King merely waved his hand "my dear boy stand up it is not you it is her, she's always been like this she's never been one for formality". "I shall take my leave now your majesty" I spoke calmly as I bowed, as I turned the King suddenly spoke "Wait!" 'Oh god what did I do, maybe he was to dismiss me, things could not go worse' I thought. "Yes sire?" I replied meakly, "what is your symbol?" I stared blankly processing what he said until I replied "Gold and white wings on my chest your majesty". The King became silent, I got increasingly worried again like how many anxiety attacks will this one meeting put me through jeez. "Could I see Gabriel, if it is as though you say then you are very important", I lifted my uniform to reveal my chest showing my symbol. The Kings eyes grew wider as though they would pop out of his head any second "Do you know what the colour of your symbol means?" the King asked, "I know gold and white means royal family so thats why I became part of the army because it means I can protect them" I asked now unsure of my answer. "My boy it means you will marry into the royal family, the fates have led you here, praise the lord, this is the most happiest day!" the King suddenly errupted in cheers and began dancing around which just left me utterly confused, "your majesty what do you mean?". "My daughter you idiot" the King laughed "you and her have the same symbol in the same place and colour, my boy you are to be married to my daughter!" once again the King bgan dancing.

 'My partner is Princess Lilith!'