Chapter 10 - Gabe part 2

Gabe POV

"M-m-my partner is the Princess?!" I asked as it all seemed like a dream. "Yes my boy and by the looks of things I have a promising future son in law" the King sang. "My dear boy your new purpose is to protect the Princess understand?", "yes your majesty" I replied still trying to comprehend the situation. "Well then what are you waiting for my dear boy go after her and do your duty also tell her the good news". With that I ran out of the throne room to find my future wife. 

Your POV

"Why are all the knights the same" I signed as I got my cape to go to my secret cave as todays events made me want some alone time. In the distance I saw some dark looking clouds. 'Looks like a storms coming, better make todays visit short' I thought to myself as I walked down the palace path. 

Gabe POV

I ran to Liliths room, once I composed myself I knocked on her door. No reply. I knocked again "Princess it is me Gabriel from the throne room, your father asked me to meet you" no reply again. I began to get worried, I risked it and opened her door to find it empty, now I was worried. Luckily a maid was coming down the hall "hello my names Gabriel, a new trainee for the army, i'm supposed to be looking after Lilith do you know where she is". The maid looked at me and then off into the distance "hmm... she's not in the palace" she replied "what?!", "don't worry she is probably in the cave in the palace forest, i've noticed she likes to sneek off there every now and then" the maid cleared up for me "thankyou very much for your help" I replied as I bowed and ran off to the gates to get a horse to search for Lilith. I looked up into the sky and saw some black clouds 'I better find her quick'. With that I got on my horse and rode into the forest calling out her name.

Your POV

I finally got to the cave, I sank onto the floor and began delving into my thoughts. As I was thinking I felt myself slowly drift off into darkness. 

*Bang* I woke up with a jolt as a loud bang resonated through the cave, I looked out the cave entrance and it was blinded by hammering rain, the cave floor was damp with floods of water. I was getting scared, I was trapped and no one knew I was here. I could only huddle into a little ball and shake tears threatening to fall. "Lilith!" my head jolted up once again at the faint sound of a call, part of me thought I was going crazy until "LILITH!", there it was again, a male voice now louder. "Hello someone help please!" I yelled trying to get them to hear me but the rain was too hard causing my voice to be drowned out. 'Bollocks, there's only one thing for it i'm gunna have to go outside and search for them' and with that I braved the tsunami outside, the winds were like daggers on my body and the rain was sharp and blinded my vision. I walked around constantly shouting back to the voice which seemed to be getting closer. Finally after what seemed like forever I saw a faint shadow amongst the rain, it was a horse and a rather short rider. The shadow got closer and the rider's face became more forcused. It was Gabe. 'Why is he here? Why did he come he's only a trainee?' not that I wasn't grateful but these thoughts still spiraled around my head. He jumped off his horse and ran to me embracing me. "Lilith where have you been, why would you go out with a storm coming?!" he yelled at me which took me slightly a back as no one not even my father had yelled at me like that before. "Why are you here Gabe? You're just a trainee why would my father put you in such a dangerous position to find me?!" I yelled equally as harsh. "Because i'm your partner you idiot!" he yelled lifting up his shirt to reveal an identical symbol to mine, my ears and eyes couldn't believe what was happening, "m-m-my partner?" I replied confused, "Yeah I had the same reaction haha turns out we are more perfect for eachother than I realised". I was still shocked but the world started to blurr and once again darkness consumed me all I heard was my name being shouted and Gabe's figure dissapearing. 

I woke up in my bed, I sat up and a wave of pain rushed over my head causing me to flinch in pain. As I tried to get up I felt a weight on my side, I looked down to find Gabe sleeping on a chair resting his head on my bed. At first I was bemused as to why he was here but then I remebered "Because i'm your partner you idiot!" his words echoed in my head and all I could do was smile 'maybe you are different'  I thought. Gabe started to stir and opened his blue eyes which widened as he saw me "L-Lilith you're awake!" he yelled whilst hugging me tightly. "What happened? How long was I out for?" I asked puzzled. "You caught a fever from being out in the rain for so long, you've been out for around a week, I thought you'd never wake up" Gabe said with what appeared to be tears building in his eyes. "Thankyou Gabe, I misjudged you, you saved me and without you i'd probably be dead" I kissed his hand as a sign of repsect, he blushed madly and replied "well what future husband would I be if I let my partner die when i've only just met her", his reply now made me red. "W-well Gabe we are going to have to get to know eachother you know", "Yes I know Lilith and I will spend every hour doing so" he replied calmly looking deep into my eyes. From that day on our love grew into what it was today, Gabe and I protected eachother and were still learning new things everyday. Our enagement was made official on my 16th birthday and the realm was over joyed.

~flashback end~

Your POV

Remembering our past brought a smile to my face and led me to kiss Gabe passionatly which he kindly returned until once again "Ahem!" this time I turned around to see the whole guild behind us with slightly angry and confused looks on their faces. "(Y/N) or I suppose Lilith my child who is this may I ask?" Master Makarov stepped forward tapping his foot with slight annoyance. "Master, everyone this is Gabe and he's my fiancee!" I beamed with a toothy grin whilst holding Gabes hand. Everyones mouth dropped open "wwwwhhhaattt!!" they all yelled in unison which only made my laugh. "But (Y/N) if you're engaged where's your ring?" Natsu asked (who would have thought he would be the one to ask) "well in the Kingdom of the Heavans marriages are done differently", me and Gabe showed our symbols "what so you get matching tattoo's?" Natsu replied still puzzled. "No silly each person is born with a symbol, mine is white and gold due to me being the Princess. Everyone has someone who has an identical symbol with the same colour and in the same place, this means the fates have chosen you two to be together, Gabe is my fated partner" I replied smiling looking up at Gabe. Lucy and Erza just awwd and looked like they were going to die from cuteness overload and Mira just said "I ship it" which made me laugh. "So my child when is the wedding?" Macrov interupted the rest of them, "ummmm well it's a month away and then my corination is after that" I replied. "WHHHAATTT!! A month?!" Lucy and Erza yelled "yeah but it also means my time in this realm is almost over, i'll have to leave after the games", the guild was silent, shocked by my sudden announcement. "But you'll come back right (Y/N)-san" Happy said with tears in his eyes. I took the furball in my arms and said "sorry Happy but i'll have to run my Kingdom with Gabe so I can't come back but i'll always be Fairy Tail's guadian angel" I replied quitely with tears of my own falling down my face.