Every Teenage Boy's Dream

Groggily I uncurled myself from the uncomfortable position I found myself in. My face felt stiff from the dried tears I shed last night, and I ran my hands over my face in frustration. I can’t fall apart like that again, it hurts too much.

My gaze lifted to my surroundings, and the utter destruction I had caused made me groan and mutter a slight curse under my breath. Stretching my limbs out in front me, I got up and searched for my phone, the reason I awoke in the first place. Usually whenever I get really drunk, I never get a hangover, but I’m always up at the crack of dawn. But the emotional stress from last night must have knocked me out because along with the new notification on my phone, the time read 10:40. My throat felt dry as I opened the message, its contents making my choke a little.

Hope you didn’t forget I’m coming over.

See you in 20.

-Matt

For a half a second I could do nothing but stand stock still, till the urgency of the situation dawned on me. If Matt saw the state I was in right now, or even my room, he would know something was up with me, and I didn’t want to have to deal with any more questions right now. The mess between the two of us that I created last night was my only priority.

Jumping in the shower I let the hot water cascade over my body, releasing some of the strain my muscles held from sleeping on the hardwood floors. I could have stayed in the shower for hours, but I only had minutes so I quickly washed my body and shaved my legs.

Exiting the shower, I checked the time on my phone once again and noticed that I only had 8 minutes till Matthew was expected to show up. Hustling to my closet I quickly threw on a set of panties with a pink bra and a pair of denim short shorts that I matched with an aqua blue tank top. My hair was still soaking wet so I threw it into a messy bun on top of my head, fixing the stray hairs to make it look perfect. Just because it’s called a messy bun, it doesn’t mean that there isn’t any structure or technique to creating it.

DING DONG DING DONG

He’s early. Crap. With a final glance in the mirror, I decided that I looked decent enough to appear normal. Slamming my bedroom door shut, all I had to do was keep Matt from coming upstairs which really shouldn’t be all that hard. I mean we did have the whole rest of the house to ourselves. To talk of course.

Running down the stairs, I found myself in front of the door with the knowledge that Matt was on the other side. There would always be this wall between us, and no matter how hard I tried to open this door, it was a lot harder to do it metaphorically than physically. Taking a moment to exhale a final breath and calm my nerves, I turned the door knob and pulled, revealing the exact person I was waiting for. Or I guess he was really waiting for me.

“Hey,” he exhaled into the small space between us. His voice was a little groggy likely a side-effect of all the alcohol he had last night combined with the earliness of the day.

“I wasn’t sure you were going to open the door. You never replied to either of my texts,” he continued when I failed to bid him a greeting in response. He rubbed his neck nervously with his hand, just like he always does when he feels uncomfortable. I seem to bring that out in him a lot. Snapping out of my daze, I stepped aside from the entrance and beckoned for him to come in. Ignoring his last comment I headed to the kitchen knowing he would follow.

“Do you want something to drink? I just got up and I’m really thirsty,” I posed to him. Matt shut the front door behind him and followed me into the next room. Opening the fridge, I started rummaging for some lemonade. I knew I had bought a bottle last week but I couldn’t remember if I finished it or not.