Washing My Dog

Author's Note: This chapter is just a filler, and for some reason it's filled with a lot of dialogue which isn't usually my style. 

Bzzz Bzzz

The two short vibrations of my phone reverberated against the wooden nightstand, causing just enough noise to wake me up. Cracking my tired eyelids open, I extended my limbs in every direction in an attempt to stretch my still sleeping muscles. With a sigh of resignation I stared at my boring white ceiling before finally turning on my side to grab my black phone to see who was texting me at this ungodly hour.

Hey, what r u up to today? –Matt

Matthew Storm, and like his name implied whenever the two of us got together there was always some chaos to ensue that would surely fuck something up in our lives. For instance, last night. The memory of our bodies moving in synch in a mess of entangled limbs and sweat was fresh in my mind, and I could still smell the aura of sex in my sheets that made my toes curl in satisfaction. The image only tainted by the out of place remarks at the end of the night that signalled there was more going on that I had hoped for. But what the more was, I still was not sure of.

Nothing much. Was planning on occupying my couch all day, why? I lazily typed, hitting the send button at the bottom right corner of the touch screen. Glancing at my alarm clock, the red numbers illuminated the time of 10:17 am. Despite the fact that it wasn’t early, my bones begged for me to go back to sleep and waste the day away in a blissful slumber.

I’m stuck babysitting my sister. Want to keep me company? A normal encounter or a sexual escapade? It’s not like his intentions would matter anyways, I would be down for whatever. I was always the go with the flow type of person. I never wanted to enforce my opinions or presence on people, never wanted them to feel pressured into doing or saying something that conflicted with their inner desires. I didn’t want to be the reason why someone forfeited a belief or abandoned a passion.

Sure, why not. What time? Matt was my friend. Looking past the unusual friends-with-benefits situation that was occurring between us, at the end of the day he was still a person I genuinely cared for and enjoyed spending time with. He wasn’t just a p.enis in my mind, he was a friend too.

U can come over whenever u feel like it. The response was instant, and I knew there was only so much time I could waste before temptation led me to his front door begging for his attention and approval that I so desperately craved like a goldfish attempting to remember what it saw ten seconds ago. I don’t remember what I saw ten seconds ago. Tell me it wasn’t important.

Snapping out of my insane train of thought I headed to the bathroom to get ready. Within an hour I was dressed and standing outside Matt’s house, the familiar warmth that surrounded me four weeks ago when I was last present here caused the corner of lips to turn up. I bet nothing bad ever happened in the safety of these walls that his mother worked so hard to keep loving and welcoming.

Hey, I’m here I texted Matt, not wanting to disturb any sleeping forms or busy persons with the echo of a doorbell. He came within moments, a grin plastered on his face at the sight of me in a beige floral skirt with a light blue tank top.

“I’m just watching My Little Pony with Lily in the living room, hope there was nothing better you had to do today,” Matt joked, gesturing for me to come inside. Shyly I tucked a strand of my raven black hair behind my ear.

“Nahh, it was either this or giving my dog a bath,” I casually remarked. Matt paused for a second, his face scrunching up slightly as he raised a single eyebrow at me questioningly. I always wanted to be able to raise an eyebrow at someone, but despite the hours I would sit in front of a mirror the technique never came to me.