Reunion

(A/N: In the old fic, Lost and Found, Josh's eyes were dark. I'm really sorry for that, they are blue. In this fic his eyes will be blue, so I just wanted to apologize for my mistake.)

Maya's POV

Maya was woken up by Riley.

She opened her eyes and suddenly felt lost. Where was she?

"You fell asleep in mine, it doesn't matter, Maya, he's here." ,Riley dragged her out if the guest room's bed. She placed her on a chair and quickly made her make-up. Riley was just as much of an artist as Maya was when it came to these kind of things.

She was done within a few minutes, then she ran and returned her hug full of clothes. The reality only hit Maya while she was dressing. Josh was here. She looked at herself. Riley had picked jeans for her and a nice sweater that said "NEW YORK".

Her hair were natural curled so she didn't have to do anything.

"Ready?" ,Riley asked.

Maya turned to face her best friend with a single eyebrow raised.

"Are you kidding? No!! I just woke up and you said Josh is here and then you dragged me and fixed me and what the hell, I haven't even had breakfast yet!"

"We don't have time, Maya. He is here. He is in the kitchen. He is in this particular house!",Riley replied.

Maya took a deep breath. Riley was right. She shouldn't panick or freak out or anything like that.

"I'm just going to act cool.", Maya said.

Riley smiled
"It's awesome when you act cool!"

Maya smiled back at her and walked through the door.

She headed to the the kitchen. Josh was there, leaning on the wall and talking to Corey.

He was wearing blue jeans and converse. He had a black sweater with a big gray "M" on. His blue eyes were focused on Corey and he was smiling with that one corner of his mouth.

When Maya appeared, Josh's eyes quickly turned to her. He had a weird look. His eyes were wide and his smile melted. He stiffened and fixed his sweater.

"Hello Maya", he said politely.

Maya didn't smile at him. She acted normal, as if her vision hadn't tunneled when he held his eyes on hers.

"Hi Josh", she said, as if she was talking to Farkle or to Auggie.

She opened the fridge and took some milk. She tried to have her back turned to him.
She couldn't help but find it trgic, how they were wearing the same colors. She quickly got out of the kitchen just when Riley was walking in. Maya noticed that Josh hugged her and smiled at her a lot. Josh always loved Riley.Then she left the kitchen too and sat beside Maya.

"Maya...", she started.

"Wanna go out?",Maya cut her off, "wanna go shopping, or for a walk or maybe we should call Farkle and Lucas."

She got up. Then she remembered. Her phone was in the kitchen. She had left it there last night. She looked at Riley.

"Maybe you should call.", she said.

Riley rolled her eyes. She didn't move and inch.

Maya glared at her but Riley remained her smiley self.

Maya got up and slowly walked to the kitchen. Unfortunately she didn't escape Josh's attention. And unfortunately her phone was exactly next to him. She didn't slow her pace when she walked past Corey and Topanga. She quickly took her phone and turned around. Josh grabbed her arm and stopped her from leaving. Maya quickly pushed it off and turned to face him.

"What?!" , she asked antagonistically.

He seemed surprised by her challenging behavior, so he raised his hands in the air.

"Can you please tell Riley I want to talk to her?" ,he asked quietly.

Maya felt instantly embarrassed. She blushed and avoided her blue eyes.

"Yeah, of course."

She walked away from Josh and Rileys's parents quickly. But still not fast enough not to hear Josh's muffled laugh.

.....

They were in a cafeteria with Lucas and Farkle. 

The hot chocolate warmed them in that freezing morning.

They were casually chatting and laughing when Josh and two others walked in; a boy and a girl.

Maya thought that the girl looked slightly familiar but she couldn't remember when she had seen her before.

Josh's friends walked into the shop caught up in a conversation but Josh's eyes immediately drifted to Maya's table.

The girl pressed her lips.

Josh grabbed his friends' jackets and pulled them back. He told them something and they nodded. Josh then walked to their table and the boy and the girl followed him, slightly behind.

Maya decided to stick her eyes on the table. Of course that was easy to say and hard to do. Josh had snow on his dark hair and his sking was paler than  usual. Maya was an artist. She had learned to appreciate the white on the black. His eyes were shining playfully.

"Dr. Turtle-neck! Look at you!"

Maya tried not to stare. But Riley was beggining to notice that her eyes were stuck on Josh. She swallowed hard.

"And Mr. Friar, of course. NY niece's favorite."

Riley blushed and looked at the floor.

"She is my favorite too", said Lucas, smiling. Then he turned to face Maya who smiled at him, and nodded her head a little.

Then she turned to Josh again. His muffled laugh echoed in her mind the whole morning.

It annoyed her, how he thought she was funny. She didn't plan on making him laugh.

"These are my friends from Philadelphia.", Josh was saying. He gestured to the boy. "This is Andrew; you can call him my brother, and this-" he showed the girl to the four friends, "-is Brenda, another friend of mine."

Brenda. Suddenly Maya's mind ran through a three years gap and remembered the girl Josh, had brought into the house the day he left.

Was she his girlfriend now? Very possible. Maya heard Riley talking to Brenda in a friendly tone but she couldn't hear what she was saying. She was looking at Josh, intensely but his gaze was focused on his niece.

"--- so we'll see you guys, later" ,Brenda was saying.

They nodded at them and then turned around and sat on a table in the other edge of the room.

Maya looked at Riley. She smiled at her trying to encourage her. Maya acted normal from then and on. She had an interview for a temporary job in the afternoon and she was very excited. Her friends seemed excited too, when she told them about it.   

Only when they were leaving, her three friends out of the door already, she turned around and scanned the room for the boy that wore blue jeans, who had eyes the same color.