Dinner

Maya's POV

Dinner with the Matthews. It wouldn't be nearly as much of a big event if Cory didn't so desperately wanted it to be.

He had planned everything. His parents would also come from Philadelphia, Eric would be there and so would be Shawn. And Katy.

It was noon and Maya closed her house's door to walk to Riley's.

It was cold, despite the bright sun. The sun made the snow look even more white, causing Maya to walk with her eyes almost closed. She felt like if she opened them completely she would get blind or something.

When she finally reached Riley's house she quickly knocked the door and Topanga quickly opened it.

Maya got in feeling relieved to finally be in a warmer environment.

She turned to look at Riley's mom. She didn't even need to ask the question.

"She's in her room. Lucas and Farkle are also in there.", Topanga said.

Maya smiled and ran to her best friend's room. She was sitting at their bay window while the boys were sitting at the corners of her bed. Once Maya was in she felt clothes flying in her direction. Maya was fast enough to catch them. White jeans. Unusual.

Maya's clothes are the ones in the picture above.

She raised her eyebrows at Riley. She stared at her looking like she was close to freaking out.

"Wear!", she demanded.

"Okay", Maya replied laughing.

She did. She went to the bathroom and quickly changed before entering Riley's room again.

When the girl saw her, she cracked a smile.

"You look really good, Maya.",she said.

Farkle and Lucas just nodded in agreement.

Riley was wearing an outfit that looked almost like hers. Only the colours were different. She wore black jeans and her sweater was green.

"My dad is going crazy, he is freaked out about a dinner.", Riley was saying

Maya laughed. Mr Matthews was freaking out. That would be fun.

"What's the big deal, anyway? It's just a dinner.", Maya asked.

Riley shrugged.

"He keeps saying that if "they" come it will be a disaster."

"Who's they?"

"We don't know."

Maya turned her attention to the two boys.

"You're both coming?", she asked.

"Yes, mr. Matthews did me the honor of inviting me.", Farkle said with a small smile.

"I'm here because Auggie asked me to be. Mr. Matthews though, it's another story. He said that if I touch Riley, even accidentally, he will kill me and give me to you guys to eat for desert.", Lucas said.

The four friends laughed.

.....

They got in the restaurant last.

Riley's uncle Eric was sitting next to Josh and they were talking quietly. Cory had his attention drawn to Shawn, with whom he was discussing. Cory and Topanga and Shawn and Katy were sitting next to each other. Auggie was sitting next to Ava Morgenster, who was wearing a pink dress full of glitte and tiny stars.