Kisses

Josh's POV

He said it and it felt good and it felt real.

She took a breath. He didn't blame her. He leaned even closer.

Her lips were a magnet. The only thing he wanted was to let them collide with his.

He didn't mind. He didn't mind that she didn't reply. He hadn't said 'I love you' to hear 'I love you too'. He had said it because it was real.

He pulled back. He opened his eyes and stepped back.

She looked confused. Her eyes were focused on his lips and her mouth was parted. She did a small step forward. She was breathing heavily.

He rubbed his neck.

"You know, I would really appreciate it if you said something. You know, something like 'I don't' or 'Riley will be worried' or anything really."

Maya took a step forward.

"Maya."

"I love you too."

Josh froze. Slowly he smed and moved forward with a smile forming on his face.

"No, stop!",she yelled.

Josh stopped immediately. He looked at her wide-eyed.

"W-what?", he asked. His voice trembling. "Why?"

"You love me. You loved me all this time.", she said as if she was realizing it just now.

"Yes.",he said. ,"I did. I do."

She was shaking her head.

"We tried this before Josh. It didn't end nicely."

"I'm not leaving now. I'll be here. And you're 21, Cory will accept it."

She raised her head a little. Her eyes found his.

She was so tiny. But she could do big things. And he knew it.

Josh moved towards her and she didn't him now.

And the were in the same position again. In their own hot bubble even in a freezing morning.

He took a deep breath. He was careful as he gently touched her chins with his hands.

"Believe me."

Her eyes were stuck on his lips.

"No."

Josh's heart sank. Dissapointment was close to taking over hope.

He gave it a last shot.

He leaned closer. His lips formed the words on Maya's lips. Even that little touch was electricity.

"Believe me."

Obviously, she did.

And finally, after three freaking years, their mouths collided once again

She tasted caffeine.

Her lips were soft on his and they moved quickly. It was unbelievable how perfectly the two mouths fitted.

She ran her hands through his dark hair. His hands moved all over her back and her waist and her ass and they stayed there as she wrapped her legs around him.

Josh was moving that way so his lips never left hers. He lifted her to the small couch and slowly lied there.

He was on top of her. His lips were faster now. The kiss wasn't soft it was passionate.