Subway

Maya's POV

She turned to face Riley. Her eyes were narrowed and she was glaring at her.

"What?", Maya asked scared.

"That's not the way we let go of a person!", she said, "We do not call them."

"But he got his job! I had to tell him!", Maya defended herself.

"Fine!", Riley replied. "When is it?"

Maya knew what she was talking about.

"At seven."

"Where?"

"At the subway"

"You have to look perfect. Travis certainly will."

Maya turned to look at her best friend.

"I need a dress.", she said.

Finally, Riley smiled and got up.

.....

At seven she was all dressed up. Riley had picked a red short dress for her. Maya had to admit that it was exactly what a twenty year old girl needed.

She had let her hair down, blonde curles flowing around her.

Eyeliner that made her eyes more intense and nothing else.

Riley walked with her until they reached the subway. Then she wished her luck and left. Maya found Travis easily.

He was wearing black jeans and a black shirt.

He smiled at her and she walked to him.

She was the one that had planned this date. She had called him. Why?

Because he was great. That was the reason that popped in her mind as she reached and hugged him.

"You look amazing.", he said.

He was calm, so that was good. Maya hated it when boys freaked out over a date.

"Thanks", she replied, "so do you."

He smiled at her and took her hand. Maya was a bit surprised by that move but didn't let it show.

But Travis had already noticed.

"Do you mind?", he asked.

Maya smiled. She found it cute, how he actually asked without letting go.

"No", she shook he head.

Travis led her through boys and girls, mothers and children and they got into a train.

Maya frowned at him.

"Where are we going?"

"We are going to my lodge. It's empty, warm and better than any restaurant."

Maya loved it. She wasn't really in the mood for anything fancy and the idea of an empty house seemed way more attractive right now.

They found two sits were they could be alone (well, kind of, they were in a train) and sat.

Travis was a really funny guy. Maya knew it and he proved it once again.

Everything was fine.

But.

But then a girl came in talking loudly.

"There are no sits!", she was complaining.

Behind her was a boy. He was wearing jeans and a heavy jacket. His eyes were stuck on the ground. Even this way Maya could see that his chin was a bit drawn up, like he was smiling.