I Love You

Maya's POV

The next days were a blur.

Maya's and Riley's colleges were back in the game and so were Lucas' and Farkle's.

Maya didn't have time to do anything.

Katy broke up with Shawn, a smart move, but he insisted to stay in the house. It was important a to Maya.

Maya's dad did another one of his rare appearances the same freaking day and he decided to stay in New York.

Shawn and Angela were still "friends" but not friends.

Katy and Shawn were more friends that Angela and and he were.

Josh found an apartment.

All these in a week and Maya just didn't have time.

Riley and she were studying in the library a lot. They found Lucas and Farkle there pretty often. She went to work every day at five.

She would see Josh talking to a girl and a guy and her heart would ache. But she would get over it.

Travis found a girlfriend. Part of her felt uncomfortable but mostly she just felt happy for him.

So a week passed and then another.

After two weeks of no free time that awful situation stopped. The college calmed down a bit as the hardest part finally passed.

She could actually lived from work at eight since the gallery was going pretty good and more and more interns came.

Her friend's colleges stopped being so demanding too. It seemed like after two weeks of hell they were finally free.

That way, a Friday afternoon, she was sitting with Riley at their sacred bay window.

Even after two weeks the memory of that night, with Josh hadn't faded.

It was ridiculous, the had just slept, but it didn't matter.

And Riley knew all about it.

Anyway.

"Do you want coffee?", Maya asked.

"Always.", Riley answered.

That was all that was needed.

They put their jackets on (it was still really cold) and walked to the coffee shop.

It was warm and full of people. They patiently waited for their coffees.

Then Riley seemed to notice something behind Maya's back.

"You know what? I don't want coffee. I feel sick. I'll go home. You just stay here and come whenever you want."

And she ran. Maya turned around confused. Riley ran out of the shop exactly the moment Josh reached Maya.

"Hello", he greeted her.

"Hi Josh", she said avoiding eye contact.

He was wearing jeans (what a surprise) and a blue T-shirt that said 'JUST DO IT'. And his jacket. Always his jacket.

"I missed you these days.", he said.

Maya was jealous of how easily he could say these things. And she was jealous of something else, too. Something entirely different.

"You know somehow, I doubt that.", she said coldy.

Josh frowned.

"What's that supposed to mean?", he asked.