Chapter 1- Back in Rosewood

Spencer's POV

I have been sitting here for an hour at what used to be The Brew, reuniting with my high school best friends. It's hard to believe that I haven't seen them in 5 years.

"So when's the wedding?", Aria asks Hanna. Hanna is engaged but it isn't to Caleb, she is engaged to her fiancé, Jordan.

"I don't know, we haven't set a date yet.", Hanna says while she still shows off her ring.

"Hate to cut this reunion short but I have to get going", Emily says as she stands up.

"Yeah I have to go too", I say. I was actually looking for an excuse to leave.
"Okay girls," Hanna says as she stands up and hugs us, "See you soon."

"Bye", says Aria.

Emily and I walk out of the coffee shop together. She says goodbye to me and then gets in her car and drives away. I decided I'm going to look around town, after all I spent most of my life here.

While walking around I see the Rosewood Police Department, it brings back so many memories. I see two people standing outside. One is a police officer, and the other is this beautiful brunette girl. As I get closer I notice that the police officer is Toby. Oh my god, I have not seen Toby in two years. I replay the last time we spoke.

"Spencer I can't keep living by seeing you like only once a month." Toby says to me.
"Well I can't leave here, why don't you leave Rosewood, what's keeping you there anyways," I reply back to him.
"So you're just saying I should just go wherever you want to. I have a job in Rosewood that I need to tend to, Spencer." He says to me sounding annoyed by my comment.
"So I guess I'm not as important as your job, you always blow me off because of your stupid job," I reply back to him frustrated.
"Yeah right, like you don't do the same. I can sometimes get in trouble for calling you Spencer, but I do it anyway, even though you don't even bother to pick up. You're always doing something more important." Toby says to me.
"No I'm not", I retaliate back to him.
"Then why don't you answer my calls, does it bother you so much that you can't even answer," He says to me getting more annoyed as this conversation.
"No, but it's hard to speak on the phone when all I want to do is see you," I reply honestly.
"Spencer, haven't you realized we've been drifting apart."
"Yes, Toby, I have."
"I think we should end this. End our relationship. This is just too much," He sighs looking at me.
"What? Toby, no. We can't just end things," I say looking into his face hoping he realizes what he's doing.
"Spencer, it's for the best. I'm not going to ask you to give up your dream, so I'm going to have to give up mine," He says.
"Toby... I love you. I really love you. Don't you see that." I look into his eyes looking for any regret about what he's doing to me, to us. But I see nothing.
"I do. I love you too, but I guess that's not good enough anymore, " He sighs avoiding eye contact.
"But Toby-"

My thoughts get interrupted by someone calling my name.

"Spencer?"