Chapter 3 - Did I say that out loud?

Rowan's POV

     As I walk through the door, I'm greeted by Peyton.  He's one my best friends, I don't know what I would do without him. While I'm making small talk with Peyton, I feel arms wrapped around me. I know right away who's arms those are.

"Corey! I've missed you so much, how's it going!" I said turning around to hug him back.

"Great how have you been Rowboat?"

"Awesome" I lied " How are you and Paris doing?"

"We are okay, but between us, me and Paris have our off days." He whispers.

"You want to talk about it?" I ask.

"Sure, that would be nice come with me."

     Me and Corey escape the swamp of people.  While we passed by the cast, we said a quick hi.  Auggie gave me a big hug, I guess he missed me over the hiatus.

     We eventually make it to Corey's dressing room.  The first season I helped Corey paint and decorate is room. I'm very proud of it, navy blue with Corey's favorite quotes.  In the corner of his room he has this black comfy couch that folds out into a bed.

     A lot happy times have happened in this dressing room. Like that time I was sick, it was too hot in my room so Corey carried me all the way to his dressing room and laid me down on the couch. Rubbing my back, and telling me stories made me feel completely better, that's the day I knew I was in love with him.

As we entered the dressing room, Corey guides me towards the couch with a very sad expression.

"Actually things aren't good and everyday is a bad day for me and Paris" Corey says to me.

"Why is that, you guys are perfect for each other!"

     That last part was hard for me to say, they are horrible for each other.  Not sounding bitchy or anything but, I'm the only one that is for Corey. 

"We argue all the time, and she has even admitted she has feelings for someone else!"

He was on the verge of tears, I calm him down rubbing his back in circles.

" Corey why are you still with her!" I said curiously.

"I would be a hypocrite for breaking up with her because she likes someone else."

"Wait you like someone else, who?"

"It doesn't matter, she doesn't even like me like that, no one really does."

"That's crazy, I love you!" I said... Wait a minute did I just say that.

"Wait you love me?"

"Um did I just say that out loud?"

We didn't say anything for a couple of minutes.  Things are getting awkward I just don't how to get out of this conversation. 

"Corey can we just forget..." He cut me off, not by saying anything, but by kissing me.

     His lips touching mine, first I was surprised, but then I started to kiss him back. He stepped back. I know it's wrong since he has a girlfriend, but I just want to kiss him again.

" That shouldn't have happened I'm sorry, I have a girlfriend."

"Yeah, totally wrong, lets forget about it".

     Seriously, back to square one, wait he kissed me, and he said he like someone else.  So of course he likes me. Right? So maybe I'm almost at square two.

"Corey, I take it back I want to remember it. I want to never forget how that kiss felt!"

"Rowan, I'm dating someone, you know this. See you later."

     Well that just happened, Corey left me in his dressing room. I should go to my room. But, I decide to just lay down on the couch and process that he just turned me down, even though, he was the one who started this whole new mess.