Chapter 7 - Silence

Rowan's POV

     I put together a cute outfit, which consists of a black long sleeve shirt with a vibrant blue pocket, black denim shorts, and blue converse.  I think it's obvious to say that I was nervous, with my face already flustered and I haven't even left my house.   I get on my my bike and head for the coffee shop.

***Skip the bike ride since that's just boring lol***

     As soon as I walk inside I see Corey sitting there smiling at me. I ordered a scone and tea, while he orders coffee.

"Row, thanks for coming."

"Yeah no problem, so we should talk about what happened and not do that thing where people ignore the problem." He states.

"Yeah..." I say in return

     Being me I clearly don't know what to say, and of course it just ends up with me spilling everything. 

"Listen, I like you... Or love...but, you have a girlfriend. Who is also my friend, we played sisters in a movie.  Saying this might make me seem selfish, but I never want to take back that kiss."

     He looked at me, wondering if he should bolt or what to say next, I can't decide.  He just gets up and says something I never thought he was going to say.

"Come on, let's go to my house for more privacy."

     I follow him outside to his jeep, I think to myself could things get any weirder.  The jeep was really small so once we both were in the car our legs were touching.  He looked down at our legs, then started the car and made way to his house.  Once we got in Corey dragged me to his room.

" God Rowan, why do you have to make this so hard. " He yells, his parents weren't home, so nobody could hear us.

"How am I making this hard, I'm just telling you how I feel, that's why we met up at the cafe" I scream back.

"I have a girlfriend!"

"Then you shouldn't have kissed me!"

After I said that, the room grew silent. After only a few minutes of us just standing Corey sits down on his bed. He looked confused, I didn't want any of this to happen.

All I really want is normal, being quiet, cutting, and pretending it's okay. But now, I have to tell someone about my problem. I sit next to Corey, everything still so silent.

"Corey."

"Yes."

" I just need a friend right now, it's best for the both of us."

He sat there processing everything. Now I just need someone to know my secret.

" This might be a bad time for me to say this, but I'm tired and I need to tell someone." I say.

"Okay you can tell me anything, I'm here for you."

"I'm depressed, alone, and..." I stopped midway.

"What Rowan, what else?" He said already upset and sad for me.

" I self-harm... I have been doing it for awhile now, and I can't stop." I cried.

Sitting there, more silence. So much silence, I can't handle it.

(A/N Guys, thank you so much for 1k it means a lot!)