Routine and Suprises

I was ready to go home. It had only been a week and I was exhausted. From the visitors, drama and the constant doctors coming in to check on hope. I wanted to be back in my own bed with hope in the built in nursery the squad had built a couple weeks ago. I think Hope is ready too. Among other things, Liv. She hadn't decided about her baby and didn't know what to do. Just then Liv came walking in

"Liv, hi"
"Hey Amanda the doctor said that your ready to go home."
"Okay hey Liv what about your baby"
"I've decided and I'm keeping my babIES. "

It took a minute to process what she said. I gasped

"Wait your having twins?"

She smiled and nodded rubbing her baby bump. She came over and I put my hands on it.

"Hi babies" I cooed

I signed the discharge papers, grabbed hope and sat down in the wheelchair. Liv was kind enough to lead me out. She even drove me home. I got home and woke Hope up.

"Hi princess, look it's your new home" I cooed
She looked back at me and giggled.
"And Auntie Liv lives next door"
That's right Hope, I'm right next door with Noah and your soon to be twin best friends"

Hope giggled again before she started to fuss

"Here let me hold her" Liv said

Hope continued to fuss and started to whine but immediately calmed when Liv started to rub her belly and give her kisses.

"It's okay little princess, why don't we let your mama get some sleep in her own bed and you and I will hang out?"

I nodded and headed to my bed. When I had settled I heard the door open.  Liv and Hope were going to the park with Noah.

Central Park
59th and 5th

"good job Noah" liv cooed to her son as he gave hope a light peck on the cheek.

1 hour later Olivia returned home to the building. She took out her key to Amanda's apartment and opened the door. At first nothing seemed out of the ordinary. But then she saw the light to the bathroom on. To take care of the kids she called lucky and and she took them.

"Amanda?" Liv called softly
"I'm in here" I called weakly

She came running to me,

"Amanda sweetie why is there vomit on the floor?"
"About 20 minutes ago I woke up and felt sick and dizzy so I went to take a shower. The I vomited on the floor and collapsed".
"Okay let's get you cleaned up" Liv soothed gently

I got cleaned up and soon I was in my bed asleep.

I woke to the sound of my alarm at 7:20 am.

Tuesday 7:20am

I sat up and yawned. I then got up and walked over to Hopes crib. She was lying on her back playing with one of her little toys.

"Well hello little princess. How long have you been awake?"

I lifted her out of the crib and fed and changed her when I heard noises in Liv's apartment, I put Hope in her play pen and went over. I was shocked at what I saw when I got there. Noah was crying and Liv was puking in the bathroom. Brian was already at work so I decided to help. I calmed Noah and then went to Liv. She was dry heaving over the toilet. I grabbed a cup and filled it with water. I then handed it to her.

"Uh-uh" Liv refused as she vomited yet again.
"Come on Liv you need it. It will make you feel better"

With reluctance she took the cup. She took a small sip to see if it would stay down. Much to her delight it did. She carefully sipped some more and then retreated to her bed with my help. I settled her down and sat with her. She needed the rest carrying twins was hard work. Especially for Liv. Being Sargent and running around all day.

"Liv as my second mom I have to say, you are amazing."

She started to cry tears of joy.

"It's just so hard I don't know if Noah will like having twin siblings!"
"Olivia listen, tell him and he will be over the moon. Noah will definitely give your belly kisses."

Suddenly there was a jangle of keys and the front door opened.

"Liv you here?"

We went out to greet Brian.

"Hi Amanda, hey Liv"
"Liv has some news for you" I said
"What is it Olivia?"
"I'm...uh....I'm"
"I'm pregnant" Liv said bursting into tears
"We're having a baby" Brian said happily
"Actually we're having TWO babies"
Wait. Oh my god I'm so happy" Brian finished

I smiled and helped soothe Liv. Once Liv and Brian said their goodbyes I headed back over to my apartment.

"Well hello little princess,Mommys home" I said to my cooing hungry baby

I sat on the couch and breastfed her. When she was finished eating and being burped she was ready for her evening play date with Noah. Brian went to work and Liv and I went for pizza and evening walk.

"Hey Liv you ready?"
"Ya lets go. Bye little ones" Liv said blowing them a kiss

We headed to pizza Rollio our favorite place on west 59th street

"How's Noah doing?"
"He's good happy with the fact he's gonna be a big brother"
"That's good glad to hear that"
"And how's Hope?"
"She is adjusting and liking her crib all tough she prefers to be in the big bed wit her mommy."

We talked and were about to head back when we heard a noise. The hairs on my neck stood up. I looked over at Liv and could tell she had the same scared sense. Just as I reached for my gun I felt something hit me. It had hit me on the head and it was throbbing. I was so dizzy and in pain that I passed out.

Meanwhile Liv chased after the guy, got a street cop to book him and then ran back to me.

"Amanda wake up" Liv cried