In a split second

"Wow"

"Yep 8 months to go"

Just then Hope woke up and started to scream wanting to be cuddled. In a split second Addison was up and out of the chair. She carefully picked Hope up and started to soothe her

"You're okay baby girl, Addie's got you" Addison cooed

And calming to the sound of Addison's warm and gentle voice, Hope started to settle and close her eyes

We finished the appointment and soon Hope and I were in the car on the way to the precinct. We were going to tell Nick.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a car. It was spinning out of control. In a split second. I heard a crash. I woke up a minute later to find me bloody and with glass. I quickly spun around to look at Hope. She was fine except for a minor cut. I then remembered my babies and my hands flew to my swell.

It was then I lost consciousness. A couple minutes later I was being cut out of the car and loaded on to a a stretcher.

"Where is my daughter?" I asked the paramedic.

"She is being treated in the next ambulance."

I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Now Ma'am is there anyone you would like me to call?"

"It's detective, Detective Rollins. And will you please call Detective Nick Amaro and Sargent Olivia Benson? Manhattan Special Victims Unit."

Meanwhile------------.

"Hello?"

"Is this Sargent Olivia Benson?"

"Yes and who is this?"

"This is St.Ambrose Manhattan. Put me on speaker please"

Olivia did what she was told and everyone came into her office

"Okay continue"

"How well do each of you know Amanda Rollins?"

"We all know her as family and as part of the unit. "

Then Nick butted in.

"I know her. She is my girlfriend, the adoptive mother of my daughter, she has a daughter that I am the adoptive father and we have a child on the way"

"She was just admitted here. A car smashed into her car. Your daughter is okay for now just one minor cut on her forehead."

"And Amanda?"

"She Is conscious, she has severe bone shattering in her left arm and we are brining in Dr. Montgomery to check on the baby."

I woke up later in the hospital very scared. I didn't see my baby and I didn't know how my babies in my belly where. I didn't know anything or what happened. I lost it. I started to cry. I couldn't stop.

Just then Olivia came in. When she saw me crying she rushed to my bed.

"Shh Amanda, honey why are you crying?""

Through tears I managed to say

"I'm sorry, it came out of nowhere. Where is my daughter are my babies okay?"

I was breathing abnormally. It felt like I was having a panic attack.

"Breathe Amanda breathe" Liv soothed

When Nick finally came in holding Hope I breathed again. That didn't last long because Hope started to scream.

"Can I hold her please?"

"No way Jose, Your left shoulder bone is completely shattered and you need surgery.

An hour passed by, Addison had taken care of my babies, Nick was holding and calming Hope and I was being prepped for surgery.

3:15 pm

"Family of Ms. Rollins?"

Nick, Olivia and even Addison who was rocking Hope to sleep stood up

"She is fine and resting. We were able to fix her shoulder and she will be in a cast for 8 weeks and then a brace for a month after."

"Can we go see her?" Nick asked gently

"Sure" the nurse replied

I was awake and tired when they came in. Nick rushed to my bedside and then kissed my forehead

"I'm so so sorry Nick" I cried

"It's okay My love it wasn't your fault, you and Hope are alive. That's all that matters"

After a couple days in recovery in the hospital I had enough. My arm was now in a white cast and a lot of signatures were written already. Hope was happy to be with her mama and all of the friends around her. I'm glad that was good there was only one set back. How was I going to work like this?

"Hey Liv I have a question?"

"Yes Amanda?"

"How am I going to work like this? I mean with my whole freakin arm in a cast?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I hate to break it to you but your officially on desk duty. That cast isn't gonna do you well working in the field. "

I sighed and leaned back into my pillow. I hated desk duty. I got it a year ago when I ran into some trouble and then when I was pregnant with Hope I was put on restrictive duty. That was for not only my well being but my safety as well. But back when I was pregnant with my darling princess, I didn't have a shattered elbow.

"Amanda talk to us"  Liv encouraged

"How long are you keeping me on desk duty?"

"Tell you what, first prove you can handle desk duty, second take care of your arm, third take care of the baby in your belly and lastly take care of Hope. Then we will discuss further arraignments"

"Guys?" I asked

Nick looked up from rubbing my back to my face.

"What is it Love?"

"It's not one baby in my belly.... I went to Addison and had an appointment before the accident and we are expecting twins"

Addison smiled, And Nick and Liv bore an expression of delight, shock, excitement and happiness

"Really?" Nick said tearing up

"Really" I said proudly

"Oh congratulations!" Liv said

"We are all so very happy for you two"

"Do you know what gender they will be?"

I smiled playfully

"Guess" I said

"Girl and a boy?" Liv guessed

"Twin boys?" Nick guessed

"You are both wrong we are having identical twin girls!"