Bucky | The Mask

Requested by: Icequeens
.
.
*
.
.
"And what is this?" you asked as you found the others mucking about with what seemed to be Bucky's mask.

Nat shrugged. "Just trying to figure out how he survives in this thing."

"Well for breathing, they probably changed his lungs whilst they got the arm," Tony chimed in, getting looks from everyone.

"Don't be rude, Stark," Steve said, frowning a bit, but keeping most of his cool.

You rolled your eyes, taking it off Nat before looking at it and assessing it. "It's got holes, duh."

Natasha chuckled. "Figured that much out, Sherlock." She took it off you. "But talking... Now that's a different thing."

You shrugged, taking it back. "Why don't we try it on?" Then you put it on.

It was surprisingly ok to breathe in, not a lot of precipitation. You grinned at them, not that they could see it. "It moves," you said. "Kind of comfortable, actually."

They all chuckled.

"You know," Nat said, covering your body from her view with her hand. "You look like a Bucky."

"A Bucky? Can we please not - " Steve tried only to be shut up by a slap to the arm thanks to Thor.

"Let the lady speak," he said, grinning. He was clearly seeing the resemblance.

"Ooh, do something like a Bucky would do," Tony said, giggling like a school girl, whilst Steve glared at him for demeaning his friend.

You grinned before calling a couple pieces of Tony's suit. They attached to your arm before expanding to fill in the gaps and make it a workable sleeve. Tony, by then, was awe struck at the resemblance. Then just to piss Steve off, he began clapping.

You grinned before summoning Steve's shield like the catch that Steve had so often talked about and marvelled at.

The other Avengers went wild, extremely impress by the move. They were a bit of an odd bunch sometimes.

"She's really a Bucky," Tony whispered to an even more pissed off Steve.

Then you heard "Hey, guys."

Everyone visibly froze before you gave them a worried look. You gulped a little, not sure about how to take off the mask before he realised what you were doing.

You could almost feel Bucky frown in confusion. "What's happening?" he asked.

You turned around and immediately it became awkward.

"Sorry," you mumbled, taking his mask off and giving it back to him.

He took it, still looking very confused. "Thanks?" He paused for a while. "W-Were you imitating me?"

"Yes." It came out as word vomit.

It was very tense and awkward as you waited to see if the Winter Soldier would snap.

It was a long silence and one you wished wouldn't have happened.

"You know," he said after a while. "You kind of look like me."

And relief.

You laughed. "I literally am you."

"Ok, don't push it."

"Ok."

Awkward and apologetic, you walked out, leaving a stunned Avengers group and a pretty amused Bucky.

-----

Soz that took so long! I'm kind of on holiday after finally finishing high school yay!!!