Tony | Sides (Part 5)

You unlocked the door to Steve's hideout thanks to a bobby pin and skills acquired from military training. You were feeling emotionally unstable and all you wanted was to curl up in your bed and sleep.

You walked in to find that your team had gotten stronger. No longer was it just Steve, Clint, Bucky and you, but Falcon, Scott and an unknown woman stood there, worrying as though they'd been part of the team since day one.

"What happened?" Steve asked, walking over to you.

You looked at him confused before remembering the red nose you probably still had from balling your eyes out.

"Nothing," you said. "I just need some water."

Steve looked over to Clint who went to fetch you a glass of water. Perks of being the leader's best friend.

You took the glass off Clint, thanking him. You sipped it slowly as the boys and the unknown girl, who you'd introduce yourself to later on, discussed logistics, eavesdropping on the US government's communications channels. Tony's were much too hard to crack. Sitting in on him encrypting messages had driven you crazy once. You knew that none of them here were capable of it, especially with a computer illiterate Steve as captain, not that you cared too much. Steve was good at normal things, and Tony was good at computers. They were opposites.

You didn't give any input, even when Steve asked, and eventually they let you drift off into your own land, playing with your wedding ring.

You could remember the feeling of happiness as though you were still living in the moment Tony'd slipped it onto you finger.

You caught yourself smiling a little.

You turned to the others, paying particular attention to Bucky. Had he really gone on those missions? And what for?

You looked away the moment his eyes met yours.

.
.
-----
.
.

It was late at night when you began to hear an infuriating high pitched sound.

You hadn't fallen asleep, watching the others get some rest. Annoyed, you got out of bed, your bare feet touching the cold wooden floors.

You were glad for the few lights Steve had allowed to stay on. As you stood, you stretched, finding a satisfying pop. You sighed, slumping over slightly before returning to your original stature. Now to find that horrid sound.

You followed the sound over to the window and found a mini drone there. You knew exactly whose it was.

You reached out, taking it and pulling a message off it's back. The sound stopped and it flew off.

You read the message.

He killed Rhodey.