Tony | Sides (Part 4)

You woke up to a sound that was very familiar to you. It was the propulsion system of the Iron Man suit. He was here.

You turned around to wake the others up, only to find them already up and fighting the oncoming Avengers and extras, shouting at you to become alert.

Vision approached you, watching without any fear. All you saw was pity. You glared at him, unintentional. You actually really liked him. He was very nice and talking to him, someone with a very strong moral compass, was easy. All you had to do was agree. But at this very moment, you were having our first argument.

You watched each other for two seconds before both charging in your own ways. You ran, and he floated, and you met each other in the middle, both having abandoned your easiest weapons and going for hand to hand combat.

You tried your best to stay on top of this fight, but his advantage in flying made it hard to deliver quick blows unless you jumped which made you an even easier target.

It seemed like an eternal struggle, the both of you unable to deliver a successful attack.

Finally, you managed to get a grip on his cape, swinging yourself up and locking his head in between your legs. You used all of your weight to pull him down and his body followed, slamming into the ground. You grabbed your gun, stunning him as you got as far as you could away from him before the electricity could get to you as well.

You weren't given any time to rest before you were confronted by James. You'd sparred a lot together and you knew his weaknesses without the suit, but with it, you was experiencing something new.

You kicked him back but the suit stabilised him and he came back at you with a hit. You blocked it, grateful for the tech in my suit as you skidded back.

You hit him back, pushing him closer to the edge which led to a drop. You got him to head back before one last kick sent him down.

As he fell, you turned and stunned Natasha again - the poor thing - watching as she cussed at the pain. Steve nodded at you and you nodded back only to hear the sound of the propulsion unit arm up.

You turned slowly, seeing the brightened palm of the War Machine.

It almost happened in slow motion. You heard the pitch rise as he readied himself to take the shot, and before you could even flinch, his suit disabled.

You stood there, confused until you were picked up and flown out through a newly made hole in the roof.

"Tony! What are you doing?!" you protested. "Put me down!"

He finally set you down in a clearing. He'd given you enough time to know that there was a highway two miles north.

"I won't let you get hurt," he said, the mask of his suit retracting into the rest of it.

You pouted. "I can handle myself."

"He was about to shoot you," he replied matter-of-factly. "What do you think I'm going to do? Watch as my wife is killed because she decided to join the other side of the war?" The more words he spoke, the more frantic he got. You could tell from the dark circles under his eyes that he hadn't been getting much sleep. Whether it was the nightmares or just worrying, you couldn't tell. Maybe it was both.

You wanted to just hold him and comfort him. Instead, you pursed your lips. You couldn't say yes, because it would tear you apart to even think of being stupid enough to get hurt and hurt him. So you looked away.

He sighed, touching your arm, metal in between you. "Look, I know that you're pro-Bucky, but hear me out." You didn't say anything, only going back to looking at him. He continued. "People like him, he's what scares people. He's power that goes unchecked."

"Oh and you're not?" you retorted.

Tony shook his head. "I'm different. I don't play for the bad guys."

You scoffed. "That because you had a choice."

"And he did too."

"What?"

"Bet you didn't hear about his most recent missions, did you? Brainwash free, and twenty civilian lives gone." The way he stared into your eyes reminded you of why you'd fallen in love with him. For all of the stupid things he did, and the persona he put up, he was just as much a sincere and loyal-to-a-cause type person. You hated the grey area. Why couldn't life have been black and white and easy?

You shook my head. "Bucky wouldn't do that."

He shrugged. "Whatever you believe, but you'll see it." The mask of his suit came down. "I'm needed."

You nodded, wrapping your arms around yourself.

"I love you," he added before you were left alone in the clearing.