Loki | Jealousy Part 2

Stupid Loki. Stupid, stupid, stupid, infuriating Loki! You felt the clothes hanger snap in your hands. Crap. You looked down at the piece of plastic that was in two halves. If you bought the shirt, would they charge you for it on top? Did they even care?

You looked around the shop finding no one looking at you aside from a little kid with an ice cream cone and a scoop of pink ice cream. How cliché. She may as well have been blowing a bubble of pink bubble gum and popping it in your face to simulate how you'd felt when Loki had come over to your apartment, brought along his girlfriend Melody, that he'd never told you about, who was a freaking Victoria's Secret model, then simply spat out, after a nice hug, that he was going to propose to her.

It had been two weeks of absolutely zero communication. He'd tried to pop by a couple times, finding that the door was dead bolted shut from the inside. He, for the first time in his life, took it as a warning to not mess with you.

You looked at the little kid who kept staring at you for a while until her mother looked at where she was looking and pulled her away.

You sighed, looking down at the broken clothes hanger.

"Oh my gosh!" you heard.

You knew that voice instantly. You plastered a fake smile onto your face before looking at the VS model herself. "Melody!" Your voice was a little strained with what wasn't quite anger, or jealousy, but annoyance. Right?

She was wearing those shorts that only looked good on people with thigh gaps that were more like box-gaps according to J'amie. To top it off, she wore a cute white crop top you'd seen and thought looked ugly on the mannequin but looked amazing on her. And her heels were the perfect height too. She didn't look like she struggled with walking in them, unlike you. You sighed inwardly as you watched such a pretty person try and make friends with you because all you had in common with her was her boyfriend.

"(Y/N)!" she called, doing a cute little jog over to you and pulling you into her long arms. It was like standing next to a very, very good looking giraffe. You felt unusually short which was kind of funny because both Thor and Loki were taller than her even with her heels on.

You hesitated into the hug but eventually got your arms to wrap around her. She smelt good.

As a gesture of kindness, you complimented her on it only to be informed that she wasn't wearing any deodorant or perfume. You hated her more. Was it possible to hate someone just because they kept breathing?

You pushed it down. "So uh, what are you doing here?" you asked.

She smiled, reaching back for her hair which was silky smooth and in one of those high pony tails that your hair didn't like. She brought the hair to drape over her shoulder, her small smile turning into a big one. "Just a little retail therapy, you know!" Could she get anymore annoying? "Loki said he didn't mind accompanying me shopping."

Oh did he?

You remembered back to the last time you'd asked him to go shopping with you. The only word that had come out of his mouth had been "No. Shopping is for peasant mortal men. I'd only shop if I were courting a goddess." Prick.

You rolled your eyes in your mind but it ended up physical. At Melody's confused and rather hurt expression, in which she looked like a lost puppy. "Sorry, I just got distracted." She smiled warily.

She looked like she was about to say something when a grin came to her mouth as she looked past you.

You turned finding the same man you'd been avoiding all week right at the entrance to the store.

"Speak of the devil," you muttered to yourself. You looked up at Melody. "I have to go." Then quickly, whilst those green eyes followed you, you ran out. Luckily he was too preoccupied with his 'goddess'.