Tony | Glimpses

Requested by: maxawello

There had been a grave mix up according to Tony's standards. Having not physically seen you for about three weeks, the event managers who'd stuffed up the red carpet event line up were not in Tony's good books. He glared at the phone in his hands. This wasn't his event, but if it had been, he would've put it on hiatus until you were lined up with him as a couple instead of singles walking the red carpet.

"Friday," he said.

"Yes, Mr. Stark?" Friday replied.

"Have those incompetent idiots finally released the seating arrangements?" he asked, turning his glare out of the window at the many fans who were going crazy with celebrity fever. All of the A-Listers were here and you were one of them.

"Unfortunately not, sir."

His face scrunched up with annoyance as he began to shake his leg, a bit of a habit when he wasn't sure about what to do with his extra anger. He shook his head and went back to looking out the car window. The car finally rolled up to the red carpet and as the celebrity in front of him finished his walk, the door opened for Tony. From here, he had fifteen minutes to playfully hold conversations, sign pictures of his face, console crying girls and boys and simply look good.

He stepped out and the cheers were resounding. The screams were deafening and the attention was plastering.

As he walked down the carpet, he continued to glance at his surroundings, enjoying the feeling of being at an event. It stroked his ego as he signed paper after paper, but he was immediately put to shame when he caught his first glimpse of you.

Sure he had seen the pictures of Instagram of you getting ready for this event, but he hadn't expected for the photo be such an understatement. He also hadn't seen the dress which he was approving in his mind.

Everything about you contrasted the others around you. You looked like a princess in your Jovani dress, the white with gold embroidery being as far from the reds, blacks and blues everyone else seemed to be wearing. Blue was also another favourite with some stars also boldly trying out lighter pastel colours. But you. You were the centre of his attention.

It was tunnel vision.

And then you looked over to him.

He forgot the pen in his hand, dazed as his lips immediately curling into a smile. You smiled back and he felt the tunnel vision increase. He couldn't help but feel lucky to have you because whilst this was all that everyone saw, he got to go more than skin deep and try to understand the beauty of your brain and your heart.

He returned to his surroundings only when you were called away by your publicist and dragged off to the 'conveyor belt' of photo ops.

And that was the first glimpse of you given to him.

.
.
-----
.
.

You shook the hands of those interviewing you, finding them to be rather nice, dressed in the correct formal attire, looking almost as chic as you. You beamed at them, knowing that the camera was on you.

"Hi, (Y/N)! How are you going?" the man asked before holding out his microphone to you.

You smiled. "I'm going really good! And yourselves?"

They took turns replying what was the essentially generic answer. You smiled back and waited for their next question.

"So how do you feel about being nominated?" the woman asked, holding out her microphone instead.